32 | bury

The house was quiet. 

After spending a week in the hospital, Jennie was discharged. Everyone decided that it would be better to stay with Jennie and Lisa, since the two seemed to be so distant with each other.

Lisa pushed Jennie's wheelchair to the stairs. Helping her up to walk on the stairs, "Do you want me to carry you?" 

Jennie refused and instead held on Lisa tight as they made slow steps up the stairs. When they finally made it up, they slowly walked to their room which was on the farthest part of the hallway. Passing by, they both stopped infront of the room next to theirs. The nursery, Laryne's supposed to be room.

Jennie reluctantly turned the knob and Lisa was not sure if this was a good idea. But knowing Jennie was not likely in the mood for any argument, she followed her inside. They sat on the small bed which was delivered a few days ago. Toys of pink and purple filled the room, with a hanging carousel on the center of the crib. Empty frames on the walls, which was placed to be filed with their daughter's supposed to be memories.

They were both silent and it was an uncomfortable silent. Lisa slowly crept her hands around Jennie, trying to hug her. Jennie flinched a little yet accepted her wife's embrace, "We lost her." she cried.

"I'm sorry." Lisa whispered, trying not to cry as well.

"This is all  my fault. I should have stayed home, I should have just waited for you home."

"It's not your fault. Please stop blaming yourself." Lisa cried, "This is all my fault. I should've picked you up, you shouldn't be driving."

"We lost her. Laryne, we lost her." Jennie cried more.

They spent a long time crying while hugging, when Jennie looked exhausted, she agreed when Lisa asked if they should go to their room now. Helping her wife up, they went out. Lisa locked the door, unaware if the key was anywhere safe or was it still inside and they wouldn't be able to open the room soon. But they both knew they wouldn't be entering the room anytime.

Laying Jennie down, Lisa kissed her as she slowly drifted off to sleep, "Sleep well, my love."

When she was sure that Jennie was sound asleep, she made her way down and saw their parents preparing dinner for them. Jisoo and Rosie were on the sofa, giving attention to the pets who was deprived with affection for a week. She sat beside them and they both turned to Lisa right away who broke down in tears.

"I'm the worse wife." she said.

Rosie gave her a sad look and wrapped her hands around Lisa, "No.  You are the best wife for Jennie."

"I lost our child. She was so happy with Laryne, she was so happy when she knew our child was growing in her. Then it all took one fucking accident to turn our life upside down, maybe even our marriage. Sooner Jennie realize this is my fault she might leave me-"

"Jennie is not going to leave you." Jisoo said with firm voice.

Lisa cried more before she got exhausted after all the crying. She fell asleep on the sofa and woke up an hour later to the sounds of utensils clanking. She got up and saw that dinner was ready. She excused herself to go and get Jennie.

Opening the door she saw Jennie sitting down on their bed with her knees curled up and her chin resting on it, "Hey it's time to eat."

Jennie did not spare her a look so Lisa walked and sat beside her while caressing her shoulder, "Nini, we should go down and eat."

"I am not hungry." Jennie said.

"You should eat."

"I said I am not hungry."