10

﹂︎CHAPTER 10﹁︎

დ︎

Eventually I woke up, practically coming face to face with Jerome's bright green eyes. "Hello to you too" I mumbled, sitting up with a groan.

"Slow down, you have a concussion" Jerome said, with concern.

"A concussion?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

"Yep" Jerome confirmed, popping the 'p'.

"Right" I paused. "All I remember was him throwing me into a wall" I added.

"Don't remind me, i'm gonna kill him when he wakes up" He said, with an irritated sigh.

"Wake up?" I asked, suspiciously.

"I knocked the son of a bitch out, he had no right to lay a finger on you" Jerome defended.

"My hero" I said, with a chuckle.

"The one and only" He smiled, proudly.

"So, i'm guessing these are the people you wanted me to meet?" I asked, curiously.

"Bingo!" Jerome grinned.

"Which one broke you out?" I asked.

"Theo" Jerome replied.

"When will I meet him properly? I did see a few people earlier, but with my head and all it was quite a blur" I explained.

"Understandable" Jerome mumbled. "But you don't need to worry, they won't hurt you"

"I wasn't worried" I said with a laugh.

"I'm sure you weren't" He rolled his eyes. "Now, let's introduce you to the others" Jerome insisted.

"I still think this is a bad idea" I muttered.

"Trust me, it'll be fine" Jerome insisted.

"Since when did you turn soft?" I chucked, staring at him.

He glared at me and I put my hands up. "I surrender" I mouthed.

"You know, Nova. You can call me soft all you want, but that won't be the case sooner or later" He whispered, with a smirk.

"In your dreams" I sneered, as I could feel myself blushing profoundly.

"You know it's true" He confirmed.

"Shut up" I said, slapping his arm.

We finally arrived into the main room, and everyone was seated and already staring at us.

I observed the room there was a table right in the centre of the room with 5 seats, 3 already taken and then 2 spares, which I assume are for Jerome and I.

As I looked around the table I saw Greenwood on the left, as he looked at me I could feel my body tense. Jerome seemed to notice this and he snaked his arm around my waist protectively. "What are you doing?" I whispered, enjoying the feeling of his arm around my waist too much.