22

﹂︎CHAPTER 22﹁︎

ღ︎

I crossed a few streets before spotting a trash can,
I threw my mask in there along with the bloody covered gloves. Now leaving me in the short red dress, with my 4 inch uncomfortable heels.

I made my way down another dark ally but it was darker than usual. I payed no attention to it and continued walking just wanting to get home after this god awful forsaken day.

I slowed up in my steps as I saw an outline of a person half way down the dingy ally. I thought about turning around but I didn't have the energy to do so. So I carried on making my way towards the exit of the other end of the ally.

The figure in the distance seemed to be wearing a hoodie with the hood up, leaning against the wall, I knew it seemed a bit sketchy but I didn't have many options here. Hence, why I continued walking. I continued to walk at the same pace trying not to make it suspicious.

I was getting closer to the person with each step and eventually I could tell it was a man. I tried not to make eye contact. So I kept walking, almost making it out in the process, until the man grabbed my arm roughly, shoving me against the wall.

"What the hell!" I shouted, causing the man to put his hand around my mouth to shut me up. "Shut up, bitch!" He snapped.

He pulled down his hood as he spoke. "You have no idea how long i've been waiting to get you alone, again"

"Thomas!" I blurted out, scanning the position I was in before speaking. "Didn't you learn your lesson last time you had me in this position?" I spat angrily.

"That's why you owe me, darling" He whispered into my ear causing me to shiver.

"I owe you shit! now let me go!" I yelled, but he wrapped his hand around my throat and tightened his grip.

I squirmed in his hold trying my best to get air, but it was no use considering I was in such a weak and vulnerable state, mentally and physically.

In due course he removed his hand from around my throat, but not without instantly moving his hands to mine and promptly impelling them against the wall above my head.

TW — ATTEMPTED ASSAULT

"Now, shut up and stay still" He hissed roughly, travelling his hand down to the end of my dress while his other one kept my hands against the wall.

I gasped at I felt his hand slide further up my dress all the way to my underwear. "Stop!" I exclaimed, "you don't have to do this" I said, holding back tears which were threatening to escape.

"Oh, but I do. You see, I've wanted you since day one but I couldn't have you because of that disgusting psychopath and now he's out of the picture completely, thanks to Theo Galavan I can now have you all to myself" He smirked.

"How the hell do you know about that?" I spat, getting angry by the means of him speaking badly of Jerome when he's not here.

"I watched the news" He said rolling his eyes. "Besides, like I said, you owe me" He whispered, brushing his lips against my neck.

He pursed to move his hand to my underwear and tugged them half-way down, slowly. I screwed my eyes shut, waiting for it to happen, knowing that I didn't have any more strength to fight back.

I felt weak and pathetic, but most of all a part of me felt like I deserved this.

*Bang*

And that's when I tensed in my spot, I froze completely not knowing what to do. Did Thomas have a gun? did he aim it at me and miss? or did even miss on purpose to scare me?

But I at once relaxed as I heard the familiar voice of an old 'acquaintance.' "That's no way to treat a lady" The man said rigidly.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of his black ones. I motioned for him to turn around as I pulled my underwear back up, which were slightly down my legs as Thomas's previous actions.

I cleared my throat, signalling to let him know that he can turn back around which he did. My gaze then settled to the left of me and I saw Thomas's dead body on the floor with a bullet hole straight through his skull.

I treaded over to him carefully and I could of sworn he looked down at me with, dare I even say sympathy?

I gave him a half smile before speaking. "Thank you Zsasz, I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here to save me, again" I admitted.

"No worries" he said casually, "seems to be a habit though, I guess you're my damsel in distress now" He laughed trying to lighten up the mood.

"Don't push it" I laughed, "and I wouldn't say I'm something as such a damsel in distress I just don't know many good people" I told him honestly.

"Yeah" he murmured, "I can see that." He said nodding over to Thomas's body.

"Well, I didn't really know him I used to work at Arkham with him, he tried pulling a stunt like this a few months ago but I got away before he could do anything else" I said honestly before pausing, "I'm lucky you came when you did" I whispered towards the end.

He nodded with a half smile. "So.." He said breaking the silence. "When you said you don't know many good people, does that include me?" He questioned, raising his non-existent eyebrows.

"Not at all" I halted. "You're good in my books, in fact some may even say you're a hero" I laughed.

He scoffed with an amused expression on his face. "I'm more on the villain side princess, but whatever floats your boat"

I shook my head expecting that type of response from him. But what he did today was truly heroic, and I can't thank him enough I mean not many people would of stopped and helped.

"Let's get you home" He mumbled.

I laughed. "See you are a hero" He rolled his eyes and continued walking me to my apartment. We reached the doors in no time.

I looked back at him and did the unexpected, I hugged him and surprisingly he hugged back it was awkward but comforting, and I suppose he doesn't get many hugs considering his 'reputation' but I know one thing for sure and that was I'm not scared of him.

We pulled apart sometime later and he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly before speaking up. "Uh, see you around princess" He said, before walking away.

"Yeah, see you" I whispered, walking into the building.

But little did she know that Zsasz truly waited until he knew for sure she was completely safe in her apartment before then vanishing into the night.