13

﹂︎CHAPTER 13 ﹁︎

ღ︎

As I walked away from Barbara, I made my way to go and sit next to Jerome. He looked oddly enough deep in thought.

"Hey" I mumbled, wanting to talk to him about last night.

He smiled slightly, letting out a sigh. "Hi"

"I was gonna ask to talk, but it doesn't seem like you're in a talking mood" I stated, sensing that something was clearly wrong.

"It's nothing, go ahead, talk. " He said, turning to face me.

"It's about last night.." I dragged out.

"Hmm" He mumbled.

"The kiss, I mean" I confirmed.

"Novey, if you want another, just say that" He chuckled, leaning closer.

"That's not what I mean" I rolled my eyes. "Look, i'm going to be straight up, I feel a certain connection with you, I don't know why, but I do"

"I knew you'd fall for me eventually" He chuckled, but stopped as I glared at him.

"Right, serious. I'll be serious" He coughed, before speaking up, "You know, i've felt something too. Odd enough for me, considering I don't have feelings or so I thought. Besides the point though" He explained, with a grin.

"So, what does that mean for us?" I asked.

"That'll you'll be my queen" He half joked.

"I wouldn't go that far, but i'd like to give whatever we have a shot" I requested.

"Funny enough, I was thinking the exact same thing" Jerome nodded.

"Of course" I laughed. "That much was obvious"

There was a comforting silence, as we stared into each other's eyes. Jerome took that as an invitation, glancing down to my lips.

He connected them with mine, my hands wrapping about his neck, pulling him closer. My fingers slipping through the ends of his hair, slightly tugging on them once in a while.

The feeling was something that i'd never felt before in my entire life. My body relaxed into his touch, leaving me shocked, knowing I had never been this comfortable with another person in years. It was as if a door opened, relieving me of all my worries.

We both pulled away breathlessly, our foreheads touching, leaning against each other for comfort. "About earlier.." Jerome spoke up.

"Way to ruin the mood" I mumbled, pulling back.

"I know, but we have all the time in the world for that" He smirked, pausing. "Anyway, Theo and I had a nice long chat earlier"

"About what?" I asked hesitantly.

"You and me"

"That doesn't sound good" I implied.

"It's not" Jerome stated. "He wants me to go out and set fire to a bus full of cheerleaders"

"Right, but that's something you'd enjoy?" I presumed.