16

﹂︎CHAPTER 16﹁︎

დ︎

I was awoken suddenly, the loud sound of pounding at the door, awakening me from my slumber. It's morning already?

I sighed, before rolling over to nudge Jerome. "You can get it" I said groggily, still nudging him awake.

"I'm asleep" He mumbled.

"Jerk" I said, climbing over his motionless body,
making made my way towards the door.

I heard a whistle come from behind me, I turned around to see Jerome look me up down. I followed his gaze to realise I was only wearing my underwear with Jerome's t-shirt, which barely covered my thighs.

"Nice ass" He smirked.

"Keep it in your pants" I rolled my eyes.

"Keep it in my pants eh? that's funny, because you were saying the opposite last night" He chuckled.

I scoffed, turning back around, continuing to walk to the door. As I opened it, it revealed one angry looking Greenwood.

"What do you want Greenwood?" I said, tiredly.

His angry features soon decreased and his mouth upturned into a grin, as he hungrily studied my body from head to toe.

"Stop looking at me like that" I growled, glaring at the brute ahead of me.

"And why should I?" He yearned.

"Because I am not a piece of meat for you to gawk at!" I hissed.

"But look at you, you're basically handing yourself over to me on a plate" He breathlessly, anticipated.

"Greenwood!" Jerome shouted, maintaining a firm stance in front of me, Jerome jumping out of the bed as soon as he heard Greenwood's rough voice.

"I suggest you leave right now, at your own will, before I decide to drag you out of this room in a body bag" Jerome said, darkly.

"Okay! okay!" Greenwood said, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Run along then" I said, as Jerome shooed Greenwood away with his hands.

"Wait, there is uh— something I need to tell you both" Greenwood stated.

"What now?" Me and Jerome shouted in sync.

"Theo told me to come and get you, we have another mission. Something about us going to pay a visit to the GCPD" Greenwood gushed.

I glanced at Jerome and he glanced back, his eyes full of mischief and excitement. Oh, boy. I know that look.

A few hours later Theo explained what we had to do. Mine and Barbara's job in this 'activity' was to distract Jim Gordon. But that was mostly Barbara's part, I was just supposed to wait with her and Aaron until the inside was clear.

Then I would meet up with Jerome and Greenwood, who would be inside, wiping out the GCPD and some women named Sarah Essen who is the Commissioner.