38

﹂︎CHAPTER 38﹁︎

დ︎

"Thank you for everything, Barbara. I couldn't ask for a better friend than you. You'll have to come visit us sometime. I mean it's not really safe for you here either" I smiled gratefully at the blonde.

"You know it's no problem, plus I enjoyed your company and Tabby should be back soon" She smiled.

"Ah, Tabitha, so you two are still going strong?" I grinned.

"Stronger than ever" Barbara laughed.

"That's good to hear, you both deserve happiness. Then again, I think we all do at this point especially with our lives being so crazy"

"Crazy is an understatement" Barbara admitted and I agreed.

"Well, thank you again and if you see Zsasz around, tell him thank you" I asked and Barbara nodded, us finally saying our goodbyes.

"Zsasz? Thank him for what exactly?" Jerome questioned suspiciously.

"For what he did for me when you were away" I shrugged, not wanting to tell Jerome about that night which I had still gotten away with not mentioning.

"No need to be jealous, you know I only have eyes for you" I teased.

"I don't get jealous" Jerome said, gritting his teeth.

"Sure" I laughed, as we made our way to the car and I was surprised to see a certain someone leaning against it.

"A little birdy told me you were leaving the city" Zsasz hummed.

"That little birdy is right, though i'll never get over how you know everything" I laughed.

"I have people everywhere" He shrugged before looking at Jerome.

"So, this must be the psychotic boyfriend i've heard so much about" Zsasz spoke, eyeing Jerome.

"Nice work on driving the city mad, bro" Zsasz praised, holding his fist out for Jerome to bump.

"Thank you, always nice to be appreciated" Jerome grinned, warming up to Zsasz. "I think I like him now" Jerome whispered so only I could hear and I shook my head with a laugh.

"Well, now that i'm seeing you, I just wanted to thank you for everything you did and especially for that night back then" I said.

"Anytime, princess" Zsasz smirked and I could see Jerome send Zsasz a glare.

"I suppose the only thing i'll miss here is that stupid nickname" I chuckled and Zsasz smirked.

"Well at least you'll have something to remember me by" He grinned.

"As if I could forget about you, Zsasz. You've been a great help, i'd probably be six feet under by now if it wasn't for you" I admitted.

"And i'd do it all again" He smiled and it was as genuine as it come. It was like for once in my life everything was going right and things seemed to be back on track.

"I'm no good at goodbyes, but i'll see you around Zsasz" I smiled and Zsasz waved, soon vanishing into thin air.

"That was sweet an all but what did you mean about something happening that night?" Jerome asked, the air filling with an awkward silence.

I mentally slapped myself knowing that I slipped up and I knew Jerome wasn't one to give up, so i'd explain everything at a better time.

"It doesn't matter anymore, just a stupid person from our past, i'll explain everything properly once we're settled. But from now on, no more secrets" I instructed and Jerome agreed.

"Where are we headed, Novey?" Jerome asked, as we walked closer towards the car.

"Anywhere but here, and you're driving" I laughed, throwing him the car keys which he caught.

And that is where their story had just began. And no matter how broken the pair were they managed to love each other and put each other back together again.

THE END

AN: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE PEOPLE WHO STUCK AROUND AND INTERACTED WITH THIS BOOK. I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU

FOR NOW IT IS THE END BUT WHO KNOWS, THERE MIGHT BE A SLIGHT CHANCE OF A SEQUEL IN THE FUTURE!

UNTIL THEN, STAY SAFE <3

🎉 You've finished reading ᵀʰᵉ ᵖˢʸᶜʰᵒ & ʰⁱˢ ᵖˢʸᶜʰᵒˡᵒᵍⁱˢᵗ ꪜꪖꪶꫀᦓᛕꪖ 🎉