19

﹂︎CHAPTER 19﹁︎

დ︎

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the faint sound of cars screeching off in the distance. I could also hear the rain vaguely pour, hitting the edge of the bay window every so often.

As well as the wind swaying the trees left and right and with the window open I could feel a gentle breeze now and again caress my skin, causing me to smile.

Days like this were regular for a place like Gotham, considering it's practically known for it's 'bad weather' but I don't really see it as bad weather, I mean of course sometimes the cloudiness is a bit too much and the rain is a pain when you're out in it, but not when you're laying in bed with the one person you truly care for, admiring the view, listening to the birds sing their songs. Then it's not so bad.

But of course good things must always come with some bad things, which in this case is the pollution and the people who pollute.

Personally I think a rainy day comes as an invitation to rest, or relax in general. To let the ever steady moment expand into dreamy wonderings.

I felt a blush creep upon my face, as I recalled the events of last night. Every touch and kiss made me feel like I was on cloud 9.

I felt Jerome shift beside me and I turned around to see that he was already staring at me with his great big green eyes that twinkled because of the modest reflection of the light outside, despite the rainy weather.

"Morning beautiful" Jerome grunted, as he stretched his body and leaned over to kiss my temple.

"Morning" I yawned.

"How you feeling?" He asked, struggling to restrain his smirk.

"Sore, but nonetheless satisfyingly pleased" I smiled, letting him hear what he wanted to hear.

"Well, I aim to please" He chuckled. "And by the looks of it" He paused, eyeing me up and down, "I certainly did" Jerome continued.

"You're so cocky, it's unbearable sometime I declared, with a scoff.

"True, but I did do this" He said, pointing to my flustered self.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night" I said, as I rolled over to grab my phone, I opened it up and saw it was only 11AM.

But that wasn't was caught my eye, it was the 3 missed calls and 5 text messages from my friend Harper, the one who called me on the day of the Arkham break out.

"Shit" I mumbled, but loud enough for Jerome to hear.

"What?" He asked, as he perked up.

"It's harper, she's been calling and messaging me non stop" I fretted.

"Who?" Jerome questioned.

"I worked with her in Arkham, in fact she was the one who informed me about the night you escaped" I announced.

"Hmm, so she's a snitch" He pondered, maintaining eye contact.

"Well, when you put it like that...beside the point though, what if she's with Gordon right now and they're trying to track me to get to you, well—they probably want me too now because Gordon has saw my face and now knows i'm involved" I said, with a groan.