29

﹂︎CHAPTER 29﹁︎

დ︎

I woke up to the unusual smell of eggs and bacon filling my nostrils. The smell getting stronger as I jumped out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

I was stunned, but pleasantly surprised to see Jerome dishing out a full breakfast onto two separate plates with two fresh glasses of orange juice.

"Oh! Novey, you're up" Jerome exclaimed, walking over to a chair and pulling it out for me to sit which I smiled at.

I sat down and crossed my legs, knowing I was wearing one of Jerome's shirts which barely covered my thighs.

Jerome had already sat down and started to dig into his breakfast which looked delicious. Though at the same time it was a bit abnormal for him, considering he isn't much of a cooker or a morning person for that matter.

"Why are you acting weird?" I mumbled, as I plopped a strip of bacon into my mouth.

"Me? being weird?" Jerome paused, "come on now" He playfully rolled his eyes, chewing with his mouth wide open.

I looked away disgustedly and continued to eat my breakfast, enjoying the silence considering I wasn't really a morning person myself.

"So" Jerome started, breaking the once peaceful silence.

"So, what?" I groaned, knowing that it was most probably something bad.

Jerome sighed. "You don't always need to assume the worst, Novey" Jerome teased.

"But it usually is something bad" I complained, scrunching up my face.

"Whatever you say, doll. Anywho...our plans today involve...Bruce of course! and possibly a circus with freaks" He told me shamelessly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demanded, scraping up the last bit of egg with my fork as I put it into my mouth.

"I mean it's as it sounds, pretty self explanatory if you ask me" He shrugged.

"Well it's a good thing I wasn't asking, Jerome. I was demanding" I challenged.

"Well you have no right to demand me, as you know i'm boss, more specifically your boss" Jerome challenged back, standing up and slightly towering over me.

"Let's get one thing clear, darling" I spat, venom lacing each word. "I may be with you but don't think for once i'm your property, or anyone's for that matter"

It was silent for a good minute until Jerome let out a dark chuckle which made my blood boil to no end. "I can't stand you sometimes" I muttered under my breath as I begin to walk away.

"Then why don't you get on your knees?" Jerome smirked.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, flipping him off before making my way towards my bedroom to get ready for later on's event.

A few hours passed as I searched top to bottom through my wardrobe for a hot, but suitable outfit.
Which eventually ended up being my leather crop top with a matching pair of leather leggings and my usual black combat boots.