(5) 𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙚

Nova was awoken from her slumber due to ungodly amount of missed calls and text messages

due to ungodly amount of missed calls and text messages. She groaned, propping herself up on her arms, rubbing her groggy eyes. Her eyes drifted to her phone, which was flashing once more on her bedside table.

She hurriedly grasped it seeing as the call was coming from Arkham. Her stomach churned and not in a good way.

She answered the phone, horrified with what she could hear on the other end of the line. There were people screaming, crying, cackling and she was pretty sure — no, definitely sure, she could hear the alarm going off.

"What's going o—" She began to question, not being able to finish her sentence, as she was interrupted by someone shouting down the phone. "They escaped! They've all escaped!"

Nova winced at the familiar the voice, it belonged to her friend Harper. "Harper? What's going on?" She asked in a panic.

"Check the news!" She screeched, swiftly hanging up.

The girl complied, leaping out of bed and sprinting to the living room, at once switching on the news and that's when she saw it.

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒 - SIX DANGEROUS CRIMINALS ON THE LOOSE, FREED FROM ARKHAM. IF SPOTTED, DO NOT APPROACH.

Nova's eyes rapidly scanned the names listed, she came across; Barbara Kean, Richard Sionis, Robert Greenwood, Arnold Dobkins, Aaron helzinger and then, Jerome Valeska.

Her eyes widened in response, her mouth gaping as she quivered at the sight of the news. How could she have not realised what he was planning sooner? Was all his foolish flirting to throw her off guard? Because it certainly did.

She at once snapped her head around to the window, hearing a thud come from that exact direction.

Nova shakily exhaled, treading lightly to the window and peering down to see what that sound could of possibly been. Before her very eyes was a shadow. It took her eyes a moment to adjust as the sunrise was just saying it's final goodbye.

But when they finally adjusted, she could see as clear as day who it was.

She lifted up the window, peeking her head out. "Jerome?!" She whispered-yelled. "What the hell are you doing here— how the fuck did you get my address?"

"Nice to see you too, doll-face. Sorry for the lack of. . . heads up." He grinned.

Nova stared at him stupidly, in due course squeezing her eyes, praying this was all one fucked up dream.