Contemplating Choreo

Heath's POV: 

No solo, no problem. Choreographing the group dance with Kenzie and Jones was fun. If they weren't complaining about not getting any solos. 

"It makes sense that you two didn't get any solos," Kenzie said. 

"How come?" I asked. We were slumped on the locker room couches, waiting for one of the studios to clear up. 

"Well, you joined A-troupe, like, five minutes ago." She pointed at Jones. "And you're still pretty new, but I've been on A-troupe as long as Summer." We both shrugged. There wasn't much we could do. It's not like Nationals, or something, where A-troupe couldn't go a season without a member leaving. And at least we were going on tour. 

"We should at least try and work on some choreo." I glanced at the list of songs Emily had given us. 

"What songs are we using?" Kenzie asked. 

"Work, Now You Got The Best, Even When You're Gone and Stand Up," Jones read off the list. I turned to Kenzie, these were all songs A-troupe had used in the past, so she would have the most experience choreographing to them. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure A-troupe did a dance to work when I first came. We could ask someone like Henry on how to remake it." 

"Who's spots would we have to fill in?" Jones asked. 

"Jacquie, Noah and one other girl were in the dance, who now left." 

"So," I stopped to think, counting all the "new" dancers in my head. "Six people need to take the space of three." 

"Seven," she corrected me. "Richelle wasn't in that dance either." 

"I feel like that's going to be a lot of new choreographing to make," I sighed. 

"What about Now You Got The Best?" 

"We have three different dances to the song, we can merge them all and make one," she said.

"Who doesn't know choreo from that?" Jones asked.  

She looked up, trying to recollect all her past A-troupe memories. "Richelle, Amy, Lily, you and you."

"Do you still remember the choreo?" 

"More or less. And anyway, we can always go back to the Absolute Dance website and rewatch Regionals."

"Okay, how about Even When You're gone?" It was beginning to get tedious, going through each song without actually getting up to do anything. 

"Everyone, but you Lily, Jones and Amy. There are two spots to fill." 

I should probably take note of this. I grabbed a stray pen from the table and started jotting all the previous notes from before. 

"Stand Up?" 

She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not sure about that." 

"Well." Jones stood up. "We should probably give our ideas to Michelle, or something." 

"I think she wanted a bit more than some scribbled ideas." 

"Fine, you guys start actually making choreography and I'll go look for something more interesting to do." Before either of us could protest, he had already left. 

"You want to go to Studio A?" Kenzie asked. 

"Sure."