Coming Home

Piper's POV:

Everything still felt like a dream. We were professional dancers. In a matter of weeks, we would be on tour. People would come and pay to watch us. And we would get paid for doing what we loved. I pushed past Summer, I had the middle seat again, but this time Finn was actually on the plane ride.

We were the first ones to board. Other people started to get on the plane. Including J-cruise. Their stares felt like burning lasers. Summer still smiled straight back at them, keeping it friendly as always. I ignored them, getting out the book I had packed. This weekend had left me with so much stress that I hadn't gotten a chance to read it. If I wasn't revising choreo, I was stressing over Finn. But it had all been worth it.

I tentatively listened to the pilot's instructions. This wasn't my first time flying, in fact, I had flown with this airline several times, but you could never be too safe. I put on my seat belt, making sure everyone had theirs on correctly. The boys in the back were shouting as though they were trying to hype up the plane as it took flight. The plane smoothly glided upwards. Kingston and Henry cheered and I could hear Lily telling him to shut up. As I began to relax, I cracked open the spine of my book, but I felt my eyes slowly shut as the plane continued to fly.

***

"Aight' you can turn your phones on, who's ready to play Legions?" I woke up to the sound of Ozzy yelling from the back. Nick told him off for being so loud. Emily, wisely, had bought a pair of noise-cancelling headphones at the airport.

"I will," several of the guys said back, pulling their phones and tablets out of their bag.

"I don't get the hype behind legions of lasers," Lily was saying.

"For real," Summer added. "You guys are obsessed with it, but it can't be that good."

"SUMMER!" Henry slammed the arm of his chair as though she had just said the most outrageous lie.

"Legions of lasers is that good." He was stood up from his seat. Nick reached from the back of his seat, pulling him down by his shoulder. I could tell that Lily already had regrets sitting next to the two.

She held her hands out in defence. "Okay, chill. I'm just saying, I've never played." All the guys burst into moans. Summer looked so confused.

"How have you never played it?" Finn asked, stretching over me to make direct eye contact with her.

"I've never played it either," I said.

"Me neither," all the other girls said.

Ozzy stood up as though he was starting a revolutionary speech. "Alright, we're fixing that today."

"Ozzy, will you sit down?" Nick sounded absolutely tired of everyone. I could only imagine. I glanced at my watch. I was asleep for about forty-five minutes. The best forty-five minutes I've slept for quite some time.

"Yes, Nick. Everyone download Legions of Lasers One, not two. Two is trash. Then type in the code xy7jsmh." We all agreed. I pulled out my phone from my bag. It took a while for the screen to turn on. I quickly opened the app store. Everyone already had the game up.

"Piper, hurry up," Amy called from the seat behind me.

"I'm coming." I shook my leg, urging the app to download a little quicker. It finally opened up. A big black screen with stars in the background presented itself. I entered the code and the game began.

***

"Okay, time for a new round," Henry announced.

"This time, Amy, make sure you shoot the zombies in time," Heath rolled his head towards Amy.

"Yeah, yeah." She brushed off the comment.

"Wait, wait, wait." Nick put his hands up, pausing our excitement. We all groaned.

"Nick, this is, like, the tenth time you've interrupted us," Kingston said. We all nodded our heads in agreement.

"Well, yes, but you guys aren't playing-" We all groaned again.

"I said you guys aren't playing until you let me join in." We all cheered as though we had finally won Nick over. Heath flashed his screen towards him and watched as he clumsily typed in the code.

"Emily, you want to play?" Heath asked.

"I'm good thanks," she said without removing her headphones.

Nick was in and we all entered the next game.

"Lily, quickly shoot!"

"I am!"

"Henry, you're down one life,"

"Finn, try going the other way."

"Summer, don't-"

Our game stopped as Nick's phone began to ring, pausing the entire server.

"Nick!" Ozzy groaned. Nick waved his hand at Ozzy, telling him to be quiet. He held the phone to his ear and stood up to take the call in the isle.

***

Nick came back with a concerned look on his face.

"Are you ready to play?" Finn asked. I shot him a glance. Now was not the time.

"What's wrong," Summer asked.

"Guys, you can't be professional dancers anymore."