The Absolute Face

Summer's POV:

Hey, I texted Richelle. I doubt anyone had contacted her since Dancemania and I felt kind of bad for the way we left her out the entire time. That could have been me. 

A little check appeared on the screen. She had read the text. I strolled into my kitchen, it was almost half one and I hadn't properly eaten anything. However, our fridge was still flooded with leftovers from the dinner my parents had made when I came back. I took out a bowl of pasta and put it in the microwave. I set the timer for one minute and let it sit. 

I glanced at my phone again, no reply. I wasn't surprised. It was Richelle after all, but it didn't hurt to try. I scrolled through my phone. I wasn't one for social media, but Lily had convinced me to download Twitter and all that stuff seeing we would get verification badges.

I scrolled through my home page. It was mainly filled with different dancers and celebrities sharing their opinions on everything Maria had done mixed in with random news articles and memes. 

A little ping came from both my phone and the microwave. I opened up the microwave as I clicked on the notification. 

Richelle: Hey

I forgot to let go of the bowl out of shock. The heat of the bowl left me with a little burn. I quickly put my hand under the tap, dried my hands and then replied before I lost Richelle's attention. 

Me: How are you?

I waited a bit, getting a fork out of the draw. 

Richelle: I'm good. Congratulations BTW. 

This was awkward. I took a bite of my food. It was still hot and had to bounce it around my mouth before swallowing. 

Me: Thanks

She was no longer online. 

That went just great. 

I sat at the kitchen table and opened up my laptop. I logged in my email to check if anything official had come in.  I didn't mean to brag about it, but I had gotten quite some attention seeing I was the lead dancer. That was something I had gained from the experience if anything. 

And of course, there was that email from Federico. He complimented our work and apologise for Maria's actions. I kind of freaked out when I saw his name in my inbox. I almost thought he had messaged me just to point out my messy technique. 

There was a new email. From Absolute Dance. I thought it would be an add for there merch, which made sense as I was signed up to their website, but it was directly addressed for me. 

I began to read the email: 

To Miss Summer Linder,

I am writing in regards to your performance at Dancemania. This was something you did not inform anyone at Absolute Dance about and it would put you in trouble if it wasn't for the outcome of your time on the show. 

For you to keep your title as The Face of Absolute Dance, I need you to rejoin The Next Step's competitive troupe as a featured dancer. Nationals is in a matter of six weeks and your studio has caused my team enough strife. 

Please reply to this email with your final takes on the matter by the end of the week. 

Regards, 

Gavin  Briggs

I had completely forgotten about my title as The Face of Absoloute Dance and wasn't even considering it when I said yes to joining A-troupe at Dancemania. 

I didn't even have a space on B-troupe. How was I going to convince them to let me be a featured dancer? 

I let out a deep breath. Just breathe, Summer. 

There was only one way to find out. I picked up my phone, scrolling up to find Cleo's number.