No Corners, Just Dead Ends

Cleo's POV: 

"What do you mean we can't go to Nationals?" I pushed past a few of the taller members of B-troupe as I watched everything I had worked for these past months flash before my eyes. 

"I mean," Emily began. "You guys can't go to Nationals because no one from the winning regionals team will be competing." We all broke out into a series of protests. This couldn't be happening. This could not be happening. 

"What are we meant to do?" Presley, I think, asked. But I was too overwhelmed to tell.

Emily let out a sigh, protecting us from her anger with a thin shield of patience. 

"I, as of this moment, do not know what to do?" She sharply pronounced each individual word. We were about to start another round of arguments but she held her hand up. 

"I don't feel like discussing this right now. I am tired of all the competition drama." She slammed the heavy book against her thighs and marched back to her office. The room fell silent. 

"Uhm... hi, guys." It was Summer. I was too angry to even process what she was saying. She was the whole reason we weren't going to Nationals. From the very start. Ever since she insisted A-troupe go to Dancemania. I didn't care if we had made up because right now I was ready to throw that all away. 

She finally read the room. "Are you guys okay? What's wrong?" Even the way she showed concern annoyed me. Like she still thought she was the leader of B-troupe and it was her job to watch after us. 

"B-troupe can't go to Nationals," Richelle said as neutrally as possible. Her mouth dropped open at the news. 

"How come?" At that point, I had lost it. 

"Because of you, Summer. All this time you've only cared about yourself and how people see you. You switched between troupes too many times and now we can't go to Nationals. But I'm sure you don't care because you get to have fun on tour so I really really hope you enjoy that." 

"Cleo." I heard a meek whisper come from Jude. I ignored it and walked out of the room. Today had been enough.