The New A-Troupe

Ozzy's POV: 

"Three weeks till the tour!" I announced as I walked into my kitchen. Izzy was leaning against the dining table and she didn't look too happy. What was new? 

"And less than two weeks till Nationals. We're going to be late." She sprang up from the table, grabbing her dance bag off the chair. "Let's go." 

"What? I didn't even get breakfast!" I said as I scanned our kitchen for something to quickly eat. 

"Just get a slice of bread. Let's go!" She was already at the front door and I'm pretty sure she had swiped my keys. I reluctantly got two slices of bread, not one, and chased after her. If Izzy had her way, she would probably just drive off without me. 

***

Let me in, I mouthed as I hammered on the window of my car. Izzy waited a few seconds, pretending she was too glued to her phone to see me before unlocking the door. 

"I thought we were going to be late." 

"Yes, we are. Let's go." She waved her hand in front of me. 

"What time is it, anyways?" I looked down at my wrist but I somehow managed to forget my watch. I peered over Izzy's shoulder to get a glance at her phone screen. 

"Eight-thirty," she said nonchalantly. 

"Eight-thirty!" I exclaimed. 

"Mum said to not shout while driving." 

I mentally lowered my tone. "Rehearsals doesn't start for another hour. Why are we leaving so early?" 

"Your rehearsals don't start for another hour. Ours start in fifteen minutes and you drive like a grandpa which means I'll be..." She paused to calculate. "Ten minutes late." 

"I-I... do not drive like a grandpa, thank you very much." Ironically, the traffic lights switched to red, not helping my case. "And when did B-troupe start having rehearsals so early."

"Since the Dancezilla, I mean Richelle, joined our team." I choked a laugh. 

Thinking about it, rehearsals had been way more laid back since Richelle temporarily left A-troupe. The role of captain had been bouncing between different team members and none of us were crazy enough to implement the sumo squats or super planks Richelle would love to throw in any moment she got the chance. Oddly enough, I was feeling a little nostalgic. 

"Don't talk about Richelle like that. She'll be the reason you win Nationals." 

"So you're saying B-troupe couldn't win Nationals on our own."

I rolled my eyes to show I knew she was joking. "But technically, you wouldn't even qualify without her." 

"Yeah, but you know the real brotherly thing of you to do would to leave A-troupe for me." 

I laughed. "Yeah, right. I love you, Iz, but not that much."

She was now the one rolling her eyes. "We're basically the new A-troupe, you know." 

"No one can be the new A-troupe."

"Well, we should be called A-troupe. It's going to be embarrassing if we have to go to Nationals with B-troupe jackets." She made a fake gagging noise.

"And what would we be called?" I asked. 

"I don't know, Ozzy. Not everything's about you," she said with fake exhaustion.  

"I beg to differ." I parked the car and unbuckled the seat belt. 

"See," I said. "Right. On. Time."