Alone Again

Summer's POV: 

Cleo's right; I do care too much about what people think about me. She's not wrong. If I didn't care what others thought about me, then I wouldn't be dancing in Studio-1, close to tears, as I let B-troupe figure out what they were going to do. 

But then again, no one can ever be truly satisfied with whatever I do. I'm good at dancing, they hate me. I'm not good enough to win, they hate me. Regardless of whether I'm on a team or as a soloist, A-troupe or B-troupe, boyfriend or no boyfriend they always hated me. And I was tired of it. 

I could just ignore them. I would just ignore them. If I finally started to block out everything that came from the mouths of the people at the studio, I know I would be such a happier person. 

A ringing came from a phone, Kenzie's phone. That was the whole reason I came here. She had called me using someone else's phone and asked if I was at The Next Step so I could collect her phone. I told her I was driving past. I wasn't really. Just another example of my stupid people-pleasing. I took a quick glance at her lock screen. A few notifications from some different social media apps. It would be wrong to try and look through her phone so I turned the power completely off to avoid temptation. 

"Hey, Summer." I jumped at the voice that came out of nowhere. 

"Oh, hey, Richelle."The last person I wanted to see. I didn't plaster on the fake smile I normally wore. 

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay." I nodded and prayed that there weren't any streak marks on my face. She stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say, which was a first. 

"You shouldn't think that it's your fault, you know." Don't let what Cleo said to get to you because it's not true." 

"Really?" I asked, wanting an honest answer. She hesitated as though she was trying to figure out the right way to phrase it. 

"I mean it's not a bad thing. Wanting to please people." She took a seat on the bench next to me. I shrugged my shoulders. If it wasn't a bad thing, then people wouldn't hate you for it. 

"So it is true." Richelle sighed as though she was starting to get impatient. 

"What do you think B-troupe are going to do?" She asked, trying to change the topic. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." She hummed in agreement. 

"It's not like anyone is going to leave A-troupe just to go to Nationals." I thought about the different options. The problem was no one on the team was part of the original regionals winning team. Technically, Lily and Amy wouldn't even be valid options even though they competed, they didn't win. Heath didn't compete. Jacquie and Noah are now professional dancers somewhere. And no one else in their right mind would give up the chance to go on tour so they could compete at a competition. Even if it was national. 

"Yeah," Richelle agreed. I looked down at the phone in my hand. 

"Well, I need to go now." I got up. I hadn't come with anything much, so I left with just myself and my phone in hand. 

"I'll see you later?" 

"Yeah," I said back. I couldn't wait to get home.

A/N: OMG! Thank you guys so much for 2k reads. It might not seem like a lot compared to others but it really does mean a lot to me. Feel free to comment because I always love to hear from you guys. ❤