The Comeback Kid

Lily's POV:

I can't believe this. It had been two days since we got back from Dancemania. Two days since we were told that Maria had blown all our chances of being professional dancers. Mum had told me all the details once she picked me up from the airport. 

Someone had exposed Maria from all her scandalous activities. She had lost all her respect and status in the dance industry. All the dancers on her label were dropped, the rights to Dancemania were being tossed around and she would soon be facing lots of charges. 

Mum was loving the drama. 

All of A-troupe and I had our ears glued to my mum's podcast as she filled the entire dance community with all the new information regarding the Dancemania controversy. I could hear her now as she signed off another podcast. 

A knock came at my door. "Yes."

"Hi, Lily. You alright?" I nodded my head. My mum gave me a look of doubt. 

I sat up. It felt just about time for my daily rant. "We could have been professional dancers." She nodded and sat next to me on my bed. 

"But now that's all ruined. We can't go to nationals. We don't have any status in the dance world-"

"You have some status in the dance world." 

"Yeah, we're none as the team that won Dancemania and didn't get their prize." My mum gave me a glare that told me I was speaking just a bit too impolitely. 

"Sorry. What news were you just reporting Baroness?"

"Well, the charges against Maria have been proved true. Her dance company is gone. No one knows what will happen to Dancemania." 

Great. 

"I need to head to a dance rehearsal. It's one of the junior classes if you want to help?" I thought about it for a moment. I hadn't done much in a while and I no longer felt jet-lagged.

"Yeah, just let me get changed." She left my room. I still needed to unpack my dance bag. I sorted through my dance clothes. I took out my grey sports legging and felt for the cleanest tank top. I settled for the teal one with flowers. If everything had gone to plan, I would be proudly sporting my TNS jackets, but things hadn't gone to plan and I didn't want to draw more attention than my face already would. I grabbed my matching teal jacket and walked out of my room with my trainers in hand. 

"You ready?" My mother asked as I slipped into the front seat of our car. I nodded. 

***

We were almost there. For most of the ride, I had been doing my best to ignore everything on the internet by switching my phone off. But the ride was boring me to death and I hated sleeping before a dance rehearsal. Leaving me all tired and drowsy. I finally turned it on. A couple of texts from Kingston and a missed call from Kenzie. They could wait. 

I opened up Twitter. #dancemaniaisover was trending everywhere. I mean everywhere. It took me ages to scroll all the way to the last post I had read and even found that my mum was one of the guilty parties when it came to spamming the tag with all of her posts.

I finally got to the last post I remembered seeing. One where the judge, Federico, announced that he was fighting for the rights of Dancemania in court. He was a lot nicer of a guy behind the cameras. He even sent each one of us emails of condolences for everything that has happened. Mum nearly fainted when she saw it. I think both Kingston and Ozzy have taken screenshots and framed them somewhere.