Should I Speak At All?

Richelle's POV:

I scrolled through my contacts, stopping when I cam to the Ns. I found The Next Step just above Noah and pressed dial. 

One ring...

Two rings...

Someone picked up. 

"Hello, this is Nick speaking." 

"Hi, Nick. It's Richelle." 

"Aw, hey Shelly." Gosh, he needed to stop giving people weird nicknames. 

"Yeah, hi. I was just calling to..." Why was I even calling? It felt like the right thing to do, but I didn't really know what to say. 

"I was just calling." 

"Richelle, it's okay. I doubt the team are even mad at you." 

"Really?" I wouldn't know. They kicked me out of the group chat. 

"Yeah, in fact, you should come to our little celebration party tomorrow. But don't tell them it's a party, they don't know that." I felt a bit of relief 

"Don't you think it'll be a little weird, seeing as I have nothing to celebrate?" 

When I came home, my parents had crowded me with hugs and support, but it still felt awkward. Later that evening, I found a bunch of congratulation decorations in the bin. They thought I would have won. But I didn't.

"I mean, you can still eat cake." I laughed at that. 

"Yeah, I'll try and come. Thanks."

"Great, and guess who's going to be there."

"Who?" I asked. The line went silent. I looked at my phone screen to make sure I hadn't accidentally ended the call.  Ick finally said something.

"Actually, I'll keep it a surprise." I rolled my eyes. Just like Nick to almost blow a secret and then keep you in suspense. 

"Fine." I hung up the phone and tossed it across my bed, lying flat on my back. Now thinking about it, maybe I should have asked if I was still a member of The Next Step. My dad wouldn't be pleased if he had to pay for more dance tuition than he had to. 

Regardless, it still felt like there was some hope to make up with them. 

I heard my phone buzz. It was probably another retweet or someone sending me some sort of comment regarding Dancemania. I looked at my phone anyway. Not going to lie, the attention is addicting. 

I swiped up expecting to find a notification from Twitter. Instead, it was a text. 

Summer: Hey.