25. Confession

Fatima looks at Aqsam who's also gazing at her then takes a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"Aqsam, I won't beat around the bush. I need you to listen to me. All i want to say is that I love you." Fatima rushes the words out before she can stop herself.

She has had her eyes closed when she rushed the words out so she opens one eye to peek at Aqsam who is looking at her with the one thing she has gotten accustomed to seeing - disdain. He has a scorn on his face while his mouth his twisted in a way that tells her he's disgusted with her.

"So just because I let my guard down and let you in you think I love you? What a stupid dumbo you are!" Aqsam sneers. Fatima's haw hits the ground.

What?

"Look Fatima, I'm way above your league. Disgusting people like you don't deserve people like me, it'd do both of us good if you just left now. Before i say something I know I won't regret but would surely hurt you." Aqsam turns his face away. What's there left to say to hurt her?

"So because I love you I'm disgusting? Seriously? So because I have Jinns attacking me from time to time that makes you above my league? Wait, hold up. What the fuck is a league?" Fatima isn't hurt, she expected this but she didn't think he'd insult her. She thought that maybe since they've gotten close he would consider his words.

"Infact, I don't need your answers. Keep them to yourself! I don't even know why or how I fell in love with you but i know i love you. And no matter what I love you. So you can think of me as disgusting, below your league and undeserving of you, but I don't really want to know your opinion. I thought you were better than this that was why I decided it's better I tell you than for me to keep it to myself.

"I should've known. But now I do and there's no need for if onlys. So Muhammad Aqsam Abubakar. This is the end. This is the last time we will see each other, ever. I was hoping for a better goodbye but, we plan, He plans and He is the best of planners. Ma'assalam. " Fatima tries to wipe the angry tears that keep gushing as if a dam hidden beneath her eye right in her eye sockets has been broken.

She angrily eyes him one last time before hissing loud, long and hard. She angrily drags her suitcases and walks out while wiping the tears that don't seem to have the intention of stopping anytime soon.

Signing out, she hands the receptionist a tip and she smiles graciously hiding the pitiful look behind the smile. Fatima attempts to smile at her but fails miserable so she just gives up and walks out.

She switches on her phone and calls her cousin's sister in law, Na'ima whose private jet is Fatima's source of transportation from Dubai back to her motherland.

"Hello Fatima..." Fatima cuts her off.

"Na'ima please send the driver." Fatima's voice is grouchy. Na'ima answers with an okay and ends the call.

Fatima stands, a wave of dizziness overpowering her but somehow she manages to stand on her feet till the driver comes. Once she confirms she isn't being kidnapped, she falls asleep. Aqsam haunting her in her dreams. First it was AbdulHalim, then Amir and now Aqsam.

Is she that unattractive? Is she ugly? Of course she knows she isn't! Is she dumb? No! She definitely isn't. Then what is the problem? Is it just that it was never her portion to have someone, a male preferably to love her? It was never a part of her destiny. She should've just accepted her destiny instead of allowing her heart to fall in love with another man.

After sleeping for almost two hours, Fatima wakes up and just then, the driver stops at the gate of the airport to get checked. They go in and after all the whatevers, they finally board the plane with Na'imah in it. Fatima refuses to let her mind wander into that huge pit of self degradation, self disdain and depression so she decides to tell her best friend who she hasn't spoken to in almost four months.

She surprisingly sees that she's active on Skype so she uses her iPad to call her best friend. She has been given a big part of the jet so she can have her privacy. Na'imah has noticed that she isn't herself so she thought it best to give her some privacy.

Immediately Halima picks the call, Fatima almost shouts/cries out in relief but a bad feeling rises up to her chest as she sees hee best friend set the phone on a table. Halima looks emaciated, wrinkled and disturbed. She looks like she has seen hell.

Aqsam has been standing where Fatima left him, regretting his decision. Why? Why? Why did he say all those mean things to her? Now he would probably never see hee as she must've already left for Nigeria.

Even if she hasn't, she must hate him now. He has ruined his last luck at love. That's it, he's going to remain a bachelor forever.

He has lost his brother, because of some stupid grudge he keeps with his mother, he has lost his parents too, Khadeeja followed and now Fatima too is gone. That means he's officially alone in this world. Just as he sees a light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out it was an illusion. And now there's no more light in the tunnel, as he has sent it away with his stupidity.

"Yes, she is coming back today. I'll get it from her today and bring it to you." Amal reassures Dhun Nurayn and ends the call. Fatima Abba Sulayman, you're coming back to meet your doom.