34. Dual Wedding

"I do."

The wedding preparations are in full swing now since the wedding is just a week away. With two weddings at hand, the Abba Sulaymans and the Muhammads know that they have a lot to cover in a very short period of time.

Fatima and Amal are in Afrah's house. Fatima and Afrah have reconciled and now, they are back to their normal selves.

"How many events did you say you want again?" The event planner asks and Fatima groans, it's been an hour and the stupid event planner hasn't gotten a thing right.

"We want a modernized walimah, a bridal shower, a dinner and a kamu. The walimah will be on the day of the wedding, the day the knot is tied, the bridal shower will be on the wedding eve, the Kamu will be on the night of the wedding eve and the dinner on the night of the wedding. Do you understand?" The wedding planner nods. Amal sighs, finally, the woman understands.

"Our makeup is in your hands. Every other thing is done." Fatima says and her phone rings. She picks it and seeing the name on the screen she smiles and walks out.

"Darling." Fatima draws and Aqsam chuckles.

"Yes sweetheart. How is my baby doing?" Fatima smiles.

"Your baby is doing just fine. How is my own baby doing?"

"Your baby misses his baby and can't wait for her to become his." Fatima blushes, they talk some more and then bid each other goodbye.

"Azanraba what's wrong?" Maa asks.

"Everything! I gave up a lot of things for her, and now she's getting married to that man? Over my dead body will i allow that. I would never! If I don't marry her, then no one will." Azanraba fumes. Does Fatima seriously think he's going to let her go? Oh, how mistaken she is, he will never let her go. Not after waiting all these years.

He remembers the first time he saw her, she was just eight years old.

"Abba are we there yet?" Little Fatima says jumping up and down, her long brown braided hair which has beads attached to the edges bouncing with each jump.

"No Nana, we're not." Fatima sighs.

"But I'm tired." She draws laying down on the space beside Sa'eed. The latter groans.

"We're in Bara, we're almost in Gombe, just a little more okay. Until then, Sa'eed play with her." Sa'eed groans while Fatima yells a yay enthusiastically.

"Abba, I just turned thirteen. I'm a big boy now, I don't play with small girls." Fatima bursts out in tears making Innayo sigh.

"Fatima, you need to behave yourself, Amal is sleeping and if you wake her up, I'll deal with you." Fatima huffs and sits back down. After a few minutes she stands up again.

"Abba, I want to wee-wee." Sa'eed groans. He hates traveling by road and this is the first time they're traveling by road with Fatima. It has always been by air since she was given birth to.

"Okay Nana." Abba pulls over by the side of the road and gets Fatima down to ease herself.

Azanraba bends down to pluck the leave that is said to be the cure for his neighbor. He is merely a hundred years old, a youth in his early youthful years.

"She's beautiful." He mutters when he sees Fatima. She's dragging her trousers up after washing after herself. Her hair bounces with each step she takes to the other side of the car. Then and there, Azanraba vows to make her his.

And now nothing can be done to stop him.

"Maa, get a room ready for a bride, I'm going to come back with Fatima as my wife." Maa just shakes her head and says an okay. He walks out of the tree and starts heading towards the Muhammads.

He's first going to get rid of Aqsam, before he makes Fatima rightfully his.

Tomorrow is the D-day, the day Fatima and Aqsam, Amal and Hamza, will be tied down to each other legally as husband and wife. The two sisters are very happy but Fatima has decided to talk to Afnan today, she doesn't seem like her normal self and it's high time someone approached her.

"Afnan, what has been happening? You've been acting off these days." Afnan smiles.

"It's nothing Adda Nana, I'm just going to miss you and Adda Amal, I can't believe you both are going to leave me." Afnan bursts into tears and hugs Fatima. Fatima smiles sadly, she knows that Afnan is the sentimental and emotional one among the three of them.

"It's okay baby sis, you know we're not going somewhere far right? We're going to be just thirty minutes or few away. And you can always come and visit for as long as you want to. Okay?" Afnan nods at the same time both her and Fatima's phones ring.

"Afnan please I need to see you, I need to explain things to you, it's not the way you think it is." Doctor Kwami says immediately she picks the call, tears blur her sight.

"I'm sorry Doctor, I know you're just calling me because you now know for sure that Adda Amal is getting married. You then want to use me as your second option right? It won't work. I'm sorry for ever uttering the word love to you, I'm sorry for ever meeting you, I'm sorry my sister, the one you love, is getting married, and lastly, I'm sorry I'm not allowing you to use me."

"But I..." Afnan ends the call and burst into tears. She switches off the phone when it starts ringing again. She's so stupid! How could she fall in love when she knows she's just wasting her time. She knows Abba won't allow her to get married now, she's too small for marriage. Until she's a graduate, Abba won't let any man court her. She knows the rules so why is she still crying? She wipes her tears and with a determined look on her face, she decides she's going to let the love and everything else go, if they're meant to be, then they will be.