21. Fire Meets Ice

Anwe chuckles then smiles evilly.

"Accept my daughter Azanraba, just accept her. What does this girl have that she doesn't? You changed alot all because of her. I thought you just liked the idea of her, I didn't know she had you trapped badly as so." Anwe shakes her head, remorseful. Why didn't she get rid of Fatima when she had the chance? When she was all lonely and had no one to protect her? But now, there's absolutely nothing she can do to Fatima, the scent of this room alone is enough to kill her, and coupled with the man whose scrutinizing gaze she's under and Azanraba, she knows she doesn't stand a chance.

So Anwe turns to Fatima and looks at her shivering on Aqsam's lap. She scoffs then rolls her eyes. She didn't know Muslims were prostitutes. If by any chance any of the virgin ladies in their forest were to be seen in the same position Fatima is right now, the punishment would be for them to be flogged naked in front of everyone. Yes, it was that extreme. They might be atheists but they have values.

She hisses loudly before looking at Fatima again then looking at Aqsam who's too confused to know what to do.

"You, Fatima Abba Sulayman." Anwe booms making Fatima wail louder, staining Aqsam's sweat shirt with snot and tears.

"This will be the last warning me or Rabani will give you. Stay away from Azanraba." Anwe says and disappears. Azanraba shakes his head and goes closer to Fatima who's still whimpering on Aqsam's laps.

"I'm sorry te amo. I'll make sure nothing such as this happens again." Azanraba says before disappearing.

Aqsam pushes Fatima off his legs making her fall to the ground with a loud thud. The person sitting in front of him quickly scampers and tries to help her up but she wouldn't budge. It looks like she's having a panic attack.

"Seriously bro? Couldn't you at least pretend you have a heart? She's a lady for Allah's sake!" The person shakes his head at Aqsam who's shaking with anger.

"Hamza mind your fucking business okay? I don't need you coming here to bring your mother's bloody nonsensical traits here." Aqsam says angrily.

"That's enough Muhammad Aqsam Shaddad! You can't be dragging our mother into everything." Before Hamza can finish talking, Aqsam strangles him, his eyes red with fury, not literally though.

"Don't you ever call that prostitute my mother! She's yours and only yours alone, also, my name is Muhammad Aqsam Abubakar." Aqsam releases Hamza's neck and walks away.

After finally regaining himself back, Hamza carries Fatima, who's now unconscious to the inner office where there's a bed, he lays her down there and gets some water.

"Teemo?" He asks himself. Is he dreaming or is it really her?

He sprinkles some water on her face and once she's awake she starts shouting. Hamza calms her down and she stops shouting but she's still crying nonetheless.

She hugs Hamza, even though she's recognized him to be her brother in law to be, she can't keep it all in. She cries on him while he tries to sooth her.

"Why did he push me off like that? I know he's not my Mahram but couldn't he have done it lightly? Does he know how I feel? He made me feel like some discarded piece of rag. I didn't bring this upon myself you know." Fatima asks Hamza who's surprised that she knows all that has happened. He strokes her head.

"I also don't know, but never take whatever he does to heart. He's a man without a heart." Hamza says curtly.

"But I've seen him act way better towards a lamp. Just one stupid freaking lamp!" Fatima cries. She doesn't even know why she's crying. Hamza smiles. That means she has been opportuned to see the then Aqsam. Well, that means he has to explain things to her.

"I know. I'll explain everything to you. Even the reason why I'm here." Hamza inhales deeply, thinking about the pros and cons of telling Fatima everything. But he doesn't need to tell her, but he also does. He groans out in frustration. Rubbing his round cut styled hair in frustration, he looks at Fatima who's patiently waiting for the explanation, keenly watching him.

Just as Hamza opens his mouth to apologize, Fatima beats him to it.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me, I understand. Really, it's nothing. Let me just get back to my room. But before then, what are you doing here? And why do you call Aqsam Bro?" Fatima quirks her ears up.

"He's my brother, but not really my brother. It's complicated. You wouldn't understand." Hamza says frustrated.

"It's okay. Family problems right? I get it." Fatima asks standing up when a sharp pain travels through her leg making her knees wobbly and for her to fall down with a cry. She must've twisted her ankle while running or maybe it got injured when Aqsam dropped her. Either way, she's a strong woman and strong women don't let small weaknesses bring them down.

If Aqsam should come back and see her like this she's sure he'd flip. She's sure he hates her now, not that he liked her a tad bit before. She stands up, wincing a bit at the impact of her weight on her injured knee. Limping, Fatima walks out of the office to her room. All the while, Hamza's pitiful stares are on her.

Entering her room, the door locks itself which baffles Fatima. She isn't ready for that just yet, there's no way in hell is she going to encounter another Jinn and still have her sanity intact, that'd be highly impossible. But if it does happen, she'll take it as a miracle as she can't afford to lose her sanity. She needs it.

Looking at the door keenly, she feels a presence behind making her turn abruptly to meet a being who looks no less than a Greek god. If not that she's scared to her pants, she would've definitely drooled.

"Assalamu Alaiki Fadima." His voice says. That name, the things it does to her. The memories it awakens. She puts on a blank expression, willing herself to remain sane.

"Wa Alaikas Salam, who are you and what are you doing in my room." Fatima asks nonchalantly albeit her palpitating heart that's plummeting so fast, it could burst out any minute. Is it even legal to have your brain so messed up in twenty four hours?