31. Wedding Plans

"Aq... Aqsam is that you?" Umma asks and Aqsam drops his bag to go hug his mother. He hugs her so tight as if he doesn't want to let her go.

"We need to talk about a lot of things. I can't believe you're finally back. Are you married now? Have you forgiven me? How are you? How do you feel?" Aqsam presses his index finger to her lips.

"Calm down. I'll tell you everything. Take a deep breath and sit." Aqsam says and Umma does as told. Fatima noticing the mother-son reunion takes her bag and swiftly walks out.

"Please tell Umma that I'm going to see Hamza and that I'll come and see her tomorrow In Shaa Allah." Fatima tells the house maid and exists the house. She goes into her car and drives to Hamza's office using her phone's GPS.

"Umma, firstly, I need you to promise me that you will listen to me and not cut me off. You'll keep quiet till I'm done." Aqsam says holding Umma's hands.

"I promise."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I shut you out all these years. I was being so stupid, so foolish. I know it's not your fault I came into the world in such manner, but I gave you the whole blame, I put it all on you. I didn't even blame my father, he who abandoned me. Instead, I stupidly blamed you, when you didn't abandon me. After all you had done to me.

"And to top up my stupidity, even Abbi that took care of me despite knowing I'm an illegitimate child that's not his in any way, I decided to blame him too, when he's in reality, not at fault in any way. I'm so sorry for that. I'm sorry for being stupid, now my stupidity has made me lose someone very important." The image of a crying Fatima the day he acted stupidly flashes through his eyes. Umma doesn't miss the look in his eyes when he says the last part and she makes a mental note of finding out who that person is.

"But all that doesn't matter now as my apologies won't change the years lost. But now I'm here forever In Shaa Allah. And to answer your question, no, I'm not married. But I'm here to celebrate with my brother, his marriage to the love of his life. I'm happy for him. Is he even around?" Aqsam asks.

"He went to work. The driver can take you to his office." Umma says and Aqsam pecks her cheeks before leaving to go see Hamza.

"Hamza listen to me. I need you to understand that she was just jealous. Nothing much. I understand her and I'm not offended." Fatima says and annoyed, Hamza covers his sketch book.

"So just because she's jealous, she should be in cahoots with someone whose intentions she barely knows. That's so wrong!" Hamza huffs.

"Hamza, you need to get this, She thought you liked me, Amal is young and naive. She barely knows what she's doing. You alone can guide her, if you leave her because of this, how will she feel? How will you feel? Haba Hamza." Hamza closes his eyes. He alone knows the way he has been holding himself. Times without numbers he has gone to his contact list and searched Amal's number. His finger would hover over her contact, his heart urging him to call her, but his mind and brain would hold him back.

"Okay, I've heard you." Fatima smiles and just as she's about to leave, she bumps into that familiar scent she's trying to erase from her head.

Slowly she moves away without looking up and once he's out of the way, she rushes to her car and leaves. She cannot be in the same vicinity as him. Not now, not ever.

"Bro? You're in Nigeria? When did you come? And how didn't I know?" Hamza asks after hearing Aqsam's Salam.

"I'm back, for good In Shaa Allah." Hamza smiles, they're both back for good. An idea pops inyo his head and he smiles mischievously before walking out with the excuse of calling Amal.

Amal and Hamza are back together and they've been planning something together. This plan of theirs has brought them closer to each other than ever. Now they can't go a day without seeing each other. Even though Amal isn't supposed to be seeing him as she's getting her gyaran jiki done since their wedding has been fixed for two months from now. But Amal being Amal always sees him.

Today, Amal and Hamza are going to execute part one of their plan. Amal is sitting in her father's study waiting for him to come back home so she can do her part. Hamza has already done his.

"Assalamu Alaikum. Ah ahn amarsu, yaya dai?" Abba says in his normal teasing voice. Amal smiles and Abba sits down, stretching.

"Abba, please I want to talk to you about something very important." Abba's face suddenly yaws serious and he adjusts his sitting his position, urging her to talk.

"Abba, Adda Nana has someone she loves, and the person loves her back. They just had a little problem and they need a little push. I know she told you to just find her a husband, she's making a huge mistake. The person is here and the person wants to be with her but they both need a little push.

"I think since she said she's ready for the marriage she should be arranged with him, I'm sure his parents too would appreciate it. They love her. And you know them very well." Amal concludes.

"How do you know all these?" Abba asks skeptically. Just because she said she has repented doesn't mean he trusts her fully.

"Abba, the guy is someone we all know, but we don't actually know him. They were together with her in Dubai but they had some issues." Abba sighs.

"Who's this guy?" Amal smiles.

"He's Hamza's brother who has been away from Nigeria for years now. But he's back just because of her even though no one knows. His name is Aqsam. He was her therapist back in Dubai." Abba's face lights up at this.

"I'll talk to his dad and then to Fatima."

Mission accomplished!