27. Advice

Amal enters the room and meets the woman putting on her earrings as she sits in front of the large beautiful mirror, well, it's the frame that's beautiful. But that doesn't matter to Amal, she's slowly loosing it and she knows only three people can help her; Umma, Innayo and Afnan. But she doesn't want her younger sister to feel ashamed of her sister for what she planned to do, and Innayo is in a coma. She hasn't even gone to see her in almost three weeks, what a daughter she is. So she's left with Umma, and that's why she's here.

Amal walks up to the said Umma - a slim tall woman who seems to be in her late sixties. She has a dark auburn skin that glows, long face and short yet black, full and silky hair. The fact that she's slim hides away her curves which only awake when she's dressed in jumpsuits, something she does only in the evening, few minutes to the time her husband comes back from work. Despite being married for more than thirty years with just two children, they act like lovestruck teenagers around each other.

Amal sits beside the stool with a loud thud.

"Umma please don't let him do this to me. Wallahi I love him. I didn't do it for no reason, if he'll just take pity on me and listen to my explanation, then he'll understand why i did it." Amal says clutching Umma's leg tightly as tears stream down her face. Some people think that she doesn't love Hamza because of the way she acts towards him but the love she has for him surpasses the one she had for anyone. She loves him so much that she's willing to lay her life down for him. She's willing to do anything for him. That's why she even tried her best to see that his father and mother love her immensely.

But the thing here is that Umma is confused. She doesn't have an inkling of what's going on, even though Hamza came looking for his father a few minutes ago despite knowing that he won't be back till in the evening. What is more baffling is the fact that Amal is here, begging on her knees to be heard out.

"Amalie? What happened?" Umma asks. Amal narrates what happened to Umma and she gasps.

"Haba Aisha, how could you even think of doing this, were you drunk when you did this or what? I feel so ashamed of you myself, I'm not shocked at all. What Hamza did seems right to me. But why would you do that? To your own sister? Why would anyone even want do that to anybody?" Umma asks. She knows there's more to the story than meets the eye.

"Wallahi I don't hate Adda Nana just because I can. Hanza is the root cause of all this. I knew he liked her back then when they were in senior secondary school. And till date any time he looks at her I see how love flows out of him in waves. The way he looks at me is by far different than the way he looks at her. So one day...

"So Hamza, what did you study in the university?" Amal asks. She's trying to get to know Hamza before he can send his people for formal introduction. She needs to know whether there can actually be something between them.

"I studied robotic engineering. Now, I work with a Chinese company whose branch is here in Abuja."  Impressed Amal smiles. It is his turn to ask as they're playing twenty questions.

"Hamza? Yau kaine a gidan namu?" Fatima smiles.

"Yes fah." Fatima nods as she hugs her younger sister.

"Keep him he's a gem. Trust me, I know him. You might never find someone else who'll look at you the way he does." Fatima whispers in Amal's ear and Amal nods.

"Thanks Adda. I'll keep that in mind." Amal whispers back and they break the hug. She bids them goodbye then jogs to her car to go see Halima.

"Your sister is one of the best things that can ever happen to a person." Hamza says looking at Fatima driving off with admiration in his eyes. Amal narrows her eyes. Why is he looking at Fatima like she's the only woman that exists on earth? Is that love she sees in his eyes? Amal looks closer and a wave of jealousy comes crashing down to her.

"So Adda said you liked her before." Amal asks.

"She did? Why would she tell you that? Teemo knows it's supposed to be our little secret, Kai. That girl sef. But yes, I did like her."

"But do you still like her?"

"Who knows?" Hamza decides to pull Amal's leg and he does just that. Fatima calls him and he picks. She tells him that once he's done, he should come to the Audu's house for the invitation card for Halima's wedding for his mother and him too.

Hamza bids Amal goodbye and leaves. Now Amal's hunch is confirmed, he still likes Fatima and Fatima is probably planning on snatching him. No, not happening.

"Haba Amalie, is that why you wanted to jeopardize her entire life and even resort to shirk? I understand how you feel but have you asked Teemo whether she likes Hamza or not? Did you confirm your thoughts from Hamza?" Umma says and Amal feels so stupid for doing what she did. Umma is right. She could've used her number six and questioned Fatima without her knowing the reason behind the questioning, but she went ahead and did this. And now her only hope at love, is gone forever.

"But Umma I've realized my mistakes now, what do I do, to make Hamza take back his words?" Amal sounds desperate, which she is at the moment.

"That will be upto you. If you've really realized your mistakes, then surely what to do will come to you naturally. But there's one thing I'll tell you, go back to your Lord and ask for forgiveness. You attempted shirk and that is a huge sin. And don't worry, I'll try to talk to Hamza." Amal thanks her and tells her she loves her before walking out. She thinks she knows exactly what to do.