3. Missing

Fatima jerks her eyes open. She's laying on a king size bed with rosy bedspreads. The whole room is beautiful considering the designs and rose petals on the bed and tiles. The painting in the room is white with red roses painted randomly across the walls. The whole room scents of rose mixed with oudh and bakhoor.

She tries to stand up but her whole body fails her. By now she's used to her bones and muscles failing her considering what she's been facing for the past ten years. She says some Du'as and finds a large white jug with water in it. She manages to sit upright and gulps down four glasses of water.

She starts panting and feels her throat being choked after saying some prayers she feels her throat being released then she hears some voices outside. Standing up she falls down but the sound is covered because of the white rosy pompom rug. She whimpers, her knees are in pain. She doesn't want to make noise because she could have been kidnapped since she doesn't remember coming here. The last thing she remembers is everything blacking out as she approached her car.

She strains her ears and focuses on the voices outside, it's a male and a female's voice.

"But she doesn't even know me quite yet, give me some time to let her get to know me first." It's the male speaking.

She looks through the hole in the large oak door and see that outside is a forest.

How did i get here?

She shoves all thoughts out of her mind and looks for any way possible to leave the place she's in but finds none.

There are no windows and the large oak door is shut. Even if it's open, she won't risk going through there because those two people are still out there albeit she can't see them but she can hear their voices arguing in a language she can't decipher. She can be a fool at times but this isn't the time to be foolish.

What is this place?

Afrah sighs as she settles on her bed. Halima's wedding has tired the hell out of her. She pulls her phone out to call Fatima to confirm if she's going to her parent's house or she's coming to her house. Three, four, six, ten, she hasn't picked up. The call goes into voicemail again the eleventh time and she huffs then hears her husband's salam.

Standing up, she engulfs him in a hug and says something into the crook of his neck. He nuzzles into her neck, taking in her citrus scent.

"I didn't miss you but I'm glad you missed me." She suddenly peels herself away from him, stomps upstairs, locks the room door, falls on the ground and starts crying.

"Afrah baby? Haba, I was just playing fah. Oya I'm sorry. Dan Allah mana, please baby na am sorry." Arfat says. She ignores him. Minutes later she hears the door in their closet opening. Their rooms are conjoined.

"What's that Afrah? You know I was joking. I missed you so much." Afrah sighs. She has been like this since last week.

She tells him about how she has been feeling a little feverish and sick. Vomiting once she eats and the mood swings. He nods listening attentively before rushing to open a drawer. He brings out a white nylon and hands it to her. She looks at him suspiciously and he pushes her into the bathroom.

A few minutes later she comes back in and jumps on him.

"Congratulations Abul-baby." He hugs her, laughs at the name and peppers kisses all over her face and neck.

"Alhamdulillah. I love you Afrah." She laughs at her husband. He picks her up bridal style and places her on the bed. He changes her into a pink night gown and they lay on the bed talking about his trip and how they'll spoil their child.

After several miscarriages and false hopes Arfat had already given up saying that they should adopt a child. But now that Afrah is pregnant, he's bound to be happy and pamper her.

"Innayo, did Fatima tell you where she's spending the night?" Abba asks his wife and the mother of his four children.

"No fah. Let me call Afrah". She picks her phone and dials a mumber saved as Apuya. After two rings she picks. They exchange pleasantries.

"Aunty, you'll soon be a grandmother and I'll finally be a mother after all these years."

"Mashaa Allah, Allah ya sauke ki lafiya."

"Ameen. Amma Aunty you called. And by this time of the night, is there any problem?"

"Is Fatima there with you?"

"No, she said she'll drive herself home. Is she not with you?"

"No, she hasn't come back."

"Toh. Let me call Kalt and ask if she's at her place."

"Okay toh." With that, she ends the call. Few minutes later her phone rings and she picks it immediately.

"Hello? Afrah kin samo ta?"

"A'ah fah Kalt said she doesn't know where she is." They bid each other Goodnight and end the call. Innayo shakes her head at Abba and he pulls a Jalabiya over his head and picks his keys.

He checks the Kamu venue but finds it locked up. He checks the surrounding area of Halima and Sa'eed's house and sees Fatima's car. Once in front of her car he sees her on the ground. He picks her up bridal style and puts her in the back seat of his car. He makes a phone call and soon there is a driver driving Fatima's car to the Abba Sulayman house.

"What did you do to her? Can't you accept for once your faith?" An extremely handsome male says clearly irked.

"I literally saved you. If she had told her mother what would you have done?" A fair beautiful lady says with her hand on her small waist with a brow raised.

"Just go. You know nothing yet you claim to know everything." The male waves her off and turns his back to her. She sighs and leaves knowing that staying there one more minute will cause her a lot of trouble which she doesn't want to invite on herself.