10. Proposal

After they've had dinner Fatima brings desert. Sheikh's nephew who has been introduced as Dhun Nurayn has been shamelessly eye raping Fatima. She has noticed but doesn't say anything. She doesn't want to spoil the day for Amal.

"Fatima, can I speak to you? In private?" Dhun Nurayn says making everyone look at him, confused.

"Okay, sure. Let's move to the terrace." Fatima says leading them to the terrace which is on the first floor.

"Okay, so I would like to marry you if you don't mind." Dhun Nurayn says immediately they reach the terrace.

Fatima chokes on her inhaled air. How can he think of marrying her? He's too young for her. He can't be anything older than twenty years old and yet here he is asking Fatima of twenty four, if she could marry him.

"Look, Dhun Nurayn. You're probably the same age as my younger sister so I can't possibly marry you. You're too young for me. I'm sorry if I broke your heart. I might look smallish but I'm no small girl." As she turns to walk out, he drags her to his chest by her elbow making their fronts flush. She can literally feel his hardness against her silky veil and cloth.

"Look, Fatima. I never wanted to marry you in the first place. I just wanted to have my way with you just like I did other girls. But since you're proving to be stubborn, I'll let you be for now." He runs his other hand over her well sculpted face while the other holds her waist, flushing their bodies together. She raises her hand and lands a hot resounding slap on his dark skin.

Instead of letting her go he presses his long nails into the back of her waist injuring her. Fatima being the strong stubborn woman she is, kicks him where the sun doesn't shine then uses her equally long nails to give him crescent marks over his kaftan just a little above his nipples.

He quickly lets her go and she rushes out. Just as she's about to enter the main parlor and tell everyone what Dhun Nurayn attempted to do, she thinks - Amal would be sad for her and that would ruin the whole soon to be amarya vibe that's rolling off her in waves of excitement.

It would also ruin the building relationship between Abba and Sheikh Akhmad and she doesn't want to be the reason a relationship is getting ruined. She has already caused her family a lot of losses and emotional problems. She doesn't want to add another one to her plate. Moreover, she's leaving a day after tomorrow for Dubai so there's no need to worry them

She adjusts her veil and takes deep breaths to even her breathing. Once she looks presentable enough to not raise any suspicion, she walks over to the room with a wide smile etched on her beautiful face.

She salaam-s and enters then sits beside her sister, Amal. Amal nudges her but she ignores her. Just as Sheikh Akhmad opens his mouth to ask what they talked about when they were at the terrace, Dhun Nurayn enters and sits a little loudly causing everyone's attention to move to him.

Fatima's heart starts beating fast. What does he want to say now? He looks at Fatima and smirks.

"Mr Abba, Uncle, I want to marry Fatima and she has agreed to marry me." Fatima's heart drops to her stomach. What's this guy's problem? Why is hell bent on making her life miserable? Who did she ever offend in this life? Absolutely no one. So what does he want from her?

She gulps as her father turns to her. Abba Sulayman can see right through his daughters especially Fatima considering their close relationship. He knows Fatima like the back of his palm, if not even better. And the way he's seeing her now, he knows something is wrong somewhere.

When Sheikh Akhmad starts speaking about marriage between them she quickly stands up to leave to go and recollect herself. As she reaches the door, her mother stops her.

"Fatima, where are you going? What is that red stain on your cloth?" Innayo asks making Fatima halt in her steps. Blood? It can't be her period!

"Am... Ammi stain? Where?" Fatima stutters. Innayo pokes her back and she wince in pain as more blood oozes out of her waist. It's where Dhun Nurayn injured her. His nails must've surely done a number on her.

"What happened to you? Are you okay?"

"Yes Ammi. I hit my waist by the kitchen counter, nothing to worry about."

"Okay. Go and clean the wounds up." Fatima walks up the stairs to change. After cleaning the numerous deep bleeding crescent marks Dhun Nurayn made on her back, she dresses in a burgundy and bone cream lace sewn into a blouse and six pieces wrapper.

Back in the parlor, Abba is telling Dhun Nurayn that he is too young for Fatima, heck even for Amal. He can try with Afnan but she isn't getting married yet. Not until she graduates and becomes independent. Abba wants all his female children to be able to stand on their feet, to be independent without depending on a man for anything.

Dhun Nurayn agrees with Abba, for now. Akhmad and his brother's family finally leave after Abba has confirmed that Ibn Muhammad Rehabilitation Madrasah is a great place for Fatima's situation.

An hour later, Amal, accompanied by Afnan leave the house as the women from Hamza's family that are bringing the lefe are coming in the next two hours. Amal can't wait to be called Mrs Muhammad. She barely knows Hamza's family members but they all know her.

As she turns to leave Fatima shouts her name and asks her to wait. She rolls her eyes but stay there anyways.

"You forgot your ATM card. What if something happens and you need money?" Fatima says panting while showing Amal a Jaiz Bank ATM card.

"Adda Nana look, I've already taken more than enough money so please let me be." Amal says and leaves while Afnan apologizes for her behavior, as usual.

Amal once loved Fatima but she's jealous of her. Anytime they are seen together with her and Afnan, she looks like an outcast because of her skin color. Only her and Sa'eed take after their father's skin tone.

And also anytime someone talks about how sumptuous Fatima's foods are, or how beautiful she is, or how amazingly created she is, how beautiful she dresses, how sonorous her singing voice is, how melodious her laugh is and the list goes on and on, Amal gets jealous. She always compares herself to Fatima but what she doesn't know is that she's surely extremely beautiful and even more beautiful than any of the Abba Sulaymans. And she already has a future ahead of her which is one thing that Fatima would kill to have.

Just as she huffs and walks outside to where the driver awaits them, a voice she adores even though she's getting married soon stops her.