19. First Therapy

Fatima adjusts her maxi dress and takes a deep breath, she remembers all the scoldings she got from Sheikh Akhmad yesterday. Apparently, Aqsam is a snitch and he snitched on her to Sheikh Akhmad.

Fatima puts on a straight face and says a Salam, no answer comes so she just opens the door. The sight before her leaves her gaping, Aqsam is exercising. The sweat on his back and chest make him look hot and men, are her feet turning to jelly.

The guys sure is drool worthy. But just as she remembers the kind of snitch he is, she frowns and tries to look at him without looking at his face.

Nop, impossible. The face just has to be there. She rolls her eyes.

Coughing, Fatima gains Aqsam's attention who picks a towel and walks past her out of the office. The audacity! How dare he?! First he complains about her dressing, then he reports her to Shiekh Akhmad, and now, he just walks past her like she's some useless statue which is just matter, just having weight and occupying space.

"Hey, who do you think you are?" Fatima asks clearly irritated.

"Can't you see that I'm talking to you?" Fatima follows him. She over takes him and blocks his path.

"You excuse of man! I'm talking to you and you think you can just walk away? Who do you think you are?" Fatima asks nose flaring and arms flying every-witch-way.

"The owner of this establishment. And in case you're not aware, your therapy has been moved to four in the evening." Aqsam says in a bored tone and side steps her before walking into his room.

His audacity! The temerity! She's Fatima Abba Sulayman and she'll show him who she is. He just messed with the wrong Abba Sulayman. Muhammad Aqsam, you just dug your own grave.

Innayo walks with the support of her husband and her friend, Hajjo - Halima's mother. Hajjo came in the morning immediately she landed in Abuja. She was out of the country for a week and had no idea of the happenings.

"I can walk, there's no need for all this." Innayo tries to reason with her husband who isn't having any of it. The last two days have been hell for him. And the news he just received today, that just makes everything worse. The doctor told him earlier today that any more stress on Innayo's path and a heart attack is what's coming next. Due to the heredity of blood pressure in their family, Innayo has it. Her mother and father both have it. That was what killed her father but her mother is still alive.

The blood pressure has affected her heart, making it swell. Any shock, surprises, stress or anything related and a heart attack would come knocking on her door. She has weak immune system so the heart attack would easily send her to a land of no return.

Abba sniffs back his tears silently as he places Innayo in the back seat, Hajjo joining her at the back. Afnan sits at the front and Abba drives out of Fereprod. Trying to clear his thoughts, Abba remembers his promise to call Fatima when Innayo gets discharged. He makes a mental note to call her.

Suddenly, Innayo remembers that she hasn't seen Sa'eed nor Halima since the day he collapsed.

"I haven't seen Halima or Sa'eed since, have they gone on another honeymoon?" Innayo asks no one in particular.

"I'm not sure. Let me call one of them." Afnan says bringing out her infinix hot 5. She dials Halima's number, it rings countless times but she doesn't pick. She then calls Sa'eed, his also rings but he doesn't pick.

"Ammi they're both not picking the calls." Amal says.

"Okay." Innayo says. Maybe they're busy. They're newly weds after all.