7. Warning

After a nap Fatima wakes up and prays Zuhr and Asr. Headache has been pestering her so she opens her bedside drawer and takes two paracetamol pills and plops them into her mouth before washing them down with a glass of water.

As she steps to the door to go down and apologize for her uncalled and stupid behavior a storm hits her and she falls to the ground on her butt with a thud.

She scurries to her bedside drawer and removes a small bottle of white musk and a slightly bigger bottle of red musk.

Just as she is about to open the bottles and rub their contents all over her body the bottles are slapped away from her hands with so much force it made her fair skin yaw red.

Fatima moves to where the door is and tries to open it again but as she reaches for the knob, a fair beautiful lady with a petite body structure wearing a white flowing gown that hides her legs grabs Fatima's neck and chokes her.

Fatima can't see her but the lady sure can. After choking Fatima several times making her cough up some of the little food she had managed to get into her flat stomach she finally looses consciousness making the lady laugh in evil triumph. She has succeeded in what she came to do.

Making sure that Fatima is still alive but unconscious the lady locks Fatima's room from outside and then leaves.

"When will you finally understand? When will you be able to get the fact that we are not like them? She won't accept you willy nilly. That's why you have to force her. You have to make her accept you. But from all indications this new religion of yours is affecting the stupid atom up there you call brain." A dark beautiful old lady says clearly annoyed at the dark male standing in front of her, head ducked low in respect. Even the unseen are respectful. While a fair skinned petite lady sits beside the old lady.

"Maa, a wedding is not a wedding unless there are three things - bride price, waliy from both sides and witnesses. How do I get married to her without those things?" The dark male replies slightly raising his head in question.

"Then get married to Rabani and forget that girl, what's her name again, Fante or what?" The older lady asks irked at her son who doesn't want to understand what's best for him.

"Fatima."

"Can you just imagine? What sort of name is this? Who names their child that? Huh Azanraba?"

"Maa it's Muhammad not Azanraba." The dark male says getting irritated. He has despised that name since the day the one person he has even cared to love decided to make sure she gets rid of him for life.

"Maa I'm going out." And with that, the dark male walks out on his mother.

"Rabani, follow this useless son of mine and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. He must not know that you are following him." The old lady says getting up while the fair skinned petite lady grins mischievously.

Fatima who has been laying unconscious since 4:21pm finally stirs and peels her eyes open. She glances at the huge designer silver wall clock by her head and checks the time.

"9pm." She mutters with great difficulty under her breath. She has been out for almost five hours. Standing up to perform ablution and pray Maghrib and Isha' she feels the hair on her nape stand.

She turns around and a fair skinned petite lady wearing a white flowing gown that covers her feet smiles evilly at her.

"Fatima, such a pleasure for you to finally meet me right?" The lady says, now standing only a few inches away from Fatima.

"Who... Who... Who are you? What... What do you want from me? H... How did you get in here?" Fatima stammers already feeling feverish. Sooner or later she'll loose consciousness. She has never seen him but she always feels his presence. Always. But now seeing this, she knows her end is near.

"Who i am, doesn't matter. But what i want, I'll tell you exactly what I want. Stay away from my husband. Just stay away from him. He has changed alot for you so don't make me do something to you. How I got in here, are you sure you want to know? I'm sure you don't want to. So for now, just stay away from him, or else, do you remember getting strangled this morning? Well that was me. And I won't hesitate to do worse to you if you don't silently obey me orders. Now ta-ta. I have things to do."

Fatima tries to open the door again as sweat trickles down her body like a waterfall. She's very feverish she might as well loose consciousness anytime soon. She has never been this scared whenever he attacks her. So why does it make a difference now? Is it because of the threat? Or because it's a lady this time?

But she doesn't even know who the he the lady is talking about is. After several attempts she slumps to the ground and starts banging on the door. She knows that it'll be hard for anyone to hear her but she has to try.

Hours later she gives up and starts slipping in and out of consciousness albeit she's trying so hard to stay conscious. She moves over to where her bed is and reaches under the wooden bedstead and feels for her two bottles of Musk.

After reaching for both she rubs them all over her body with shaky hands and moves to her door again. This time around it opens the minute she turns the key.

Unable to stand up, she drags herself to the stairs and sees a hysterical crying Amal mumbling somethings to herself, a teary Afnan and Hajjo.

Holding the railing for support, she stands up and tries to walk but instead she falls with a thud, rolling to the ground from the second stair. That attracts Innayo, Amal and Afnan's attention and they rush to her. 

"Another one came. She wants to get rid of me. Wallahi I don't know who her husband is. But she said she'll kill me if I don't leave her husband alone. Ammi who is her husband? Amal I'm sorry. Whoever your husband is as long as you love him may you be together. Af... Af... Afnan... " She says with the little bit of consciousness she has and she looses consciousness.

Afnan who has been holding Fatima's head shrieks as she sees blood on her palm. She also looses consciousness scaring the already terrified Amal and Innayo the more. Afnan is hemophobic. She is extremely scared of blood. One look at it and she looses consciousness.