4. No Remembrance

Fatima is laid on the bed and she starts saying somethings to her self. Innayo leans over amd opens her eyes wide in surprise. She rushes to her room and brings both red and white musk, zamzam, black seed powder, an incense burner and a MPlayer.

She pours some of the powder in the incense burner and plays Suratul Baqarah on the MPlayer. She sprinkles zamzam all over Fatima's face and rubs both white and red musk all over her body. She picks out rose water from the bedside drawer and prays into it then sprinkles it all over Fatima's body. She stands up and add some more black seed powder into the insence burner and ups the volume of the MPlayer.

She walks out and enters her room. She plops down on her husband's bed and sobs quietly. Abba moves over to her and hugs her.

"They haven't left her. They're still after my daughter. Two years! Two years of treatment but all to no avail. Haba, I'm tired wallahi." Abba shushes her.

"Don't say that. Sabr, sabr."

"Yanzu kuma she's saying Mahmoud leave me alone in her sleep." She sobs louder and her husband soothes her. After she has calmed down they go to Fatima's room.

They spend the night praying and begging Allah to help them ace the test. This test He has sent to them to test their Iman and Tawakkul. After Subh prayer Innayo falls asleep on her prayer mat. An hour later she is awakened by Fatima's scream. She rushes to her daughter.

"A'udhubikalimatillahi tammah, min sharri ma khalaq, wa min sharri shaytani lamma." She repeats it several times and Fatima jerks and opens her eyes. She closes them almost immediately and Innayo turns off the light leaving only the decorative lights.

"Ammi, how did... What... Where..." Innayo gives her water and calms her down.

"What happened?" Innayo asks.

"Well, after we finished the sayan baki I decided to drive myself home. When I reached the car, everything blacked out. I can't remember what happened afterwards." Innayo sighs.

"Toh, Allah yasa hakan yafi alkhairi."

They pray for Allah's guidance and Shifa for Fatima. After the prayer Innayo stands up and leaves the room. Fatima starts to pace around the room hitting her temples as if trying to remember something. She closes her eyes and somethings flash in front of her eyes. A splitting headache hits her and she sits down.

She picks her phone and searches for a number, ignoring all missed calls. After three rings the person picks.

"Sheikh Akhmad, Salam Alaika." She says massaging her temples after putting the phone on hands free.

"Ameen, wa alaikis salam warahmatullah Wabarakatuh, Fadima, kayfa haliki?"

"Ana bikhayr Alhamdulillah. Wa anta?"

"Ana bikhayr Alhamdulillah. How is your health?"

"Alhamdulillah Sheikh. But I had a dream today and I can't remember it. Ammi said I was calling someone's name, she said I was saying Mahmoud in my sleep. I don't know what to do. I'm just so confused wallahi." She says pouring some olive oil unto her palms and massaging her temples.

"Look Fadima, I don't know what to tell you. I think you should just leave everything in Allah's hands. In the two years you've spent here there a lot of things I've seen and we've used all sorts of therapy some of which I'm sure if I tell you about you'll cringe. Wallah we've done alot of things but I think this is your destiny so I think you should just accept it.

"But if you feel you still need more help, I know a good rehab program for two months which is conducted by the younger brother of a friend. I'll send you the details if you need it". She smiles.

"Jazakallahu khairan ya Shiekh, shukhran Jazilah. Please send me the details and I'll get back to you after discussing with my parents In Shaa Allah." She ends the call. Innayo brings food. They sit down and devour it then Innayo starts speaking to Fatima.

Fatima takes the plates and warmers to the kitchen then starts returning all missed calls once she's on her bed. The first seven are from Hamza. She smiles and rings him up.

"Oh, so now you remember me koh?" Hamza's deep voice booms from the other end.

"Wallahi I've been busy ne. To what do I owe you seven good missed calls from?" Fatima says smiling cheekily.

"Oh cut the crap Teemo. You know better than anyone why I'm calling." Fatima lets out a hearty laugh and says.

"The all time player and ladies man is in love." Fatima laughs again.

"Teemo Allah if i catch you koh, sai kin fada ma yan kauyen ku." She laughs.

"Who is she?"

"Amal." Fatima widens her eyes in surprise.

"Amal?"

"Yes, one dark beautiful lady, Ya Allah her lips, eyes, nose gosh Teemo if you see that girl. And not to talk of the way she carries herself keh, the girl fine die fah."

"Kai wawa, Amal is my immediate younger sister." She chuckles. Hamza gasps from the other end.

"See, let's meet up tomorrow and talk." They end the call.

The next person is Afrah whose name is saved as Apuya am. She calls her twice but she doesn't pick so she sends her a message. The next person is UmmuKalthum saved as Kalt. She calls her and she picks immediately.

"Keh person will be calling you bazaki amsa bah?" UmmuKalthum says immediately she picks the call.

"Wa alaikis salam. I'm perfectly fine thanks for asking. Ya kike?" Fatima answers sarcastically.

"Abeg I was just worried."

"Nothing is wrong. I just went to visit someone last night."

After some more pleasantries she ends the call. The next people are Abba and Ammi she ignores it and goes for the last two which are the recent ones. Three are from Sa'eed and the others from Halima. She decides to call Halima since they are together she doesn't have to waste her airtime.

After talking she asks about Sa'eed and Halima says he isn't there. She ends the call and calls him only for MTN to tell her that she has exhausted her airtime. She sighs in frustration.