Chapter 16

Rydel's POV

When Ryland and Sophie came back in from the garage, they seemed pretty happy. Aw, the two love birds, I thought to myself. I was so happy for Ryland!

"Hey guys." I said to them when they came into the living room.

"Hey Rydel." Sophie smiled at me.

"Hey Soph, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me later today." I suggested.

"Oh, yeah sure! That'd be great." She replied excitedly.

"We'll be up in my room." Ryland said and lead Sophie to his room.

By the look on Ryland's face, he got the thing done for mom and dad's car and Sophie and him were finally getting to know each other a bit more. I mean, they're best friends so they already know some but apparently, not as much as they thought.

The fact that Rocky's door was closed and I could hear the TV in his room meant him and Kaitlyn were in there but I had no idea where Ross and Emily were.

Our house is a pretty good sized house, its not huge or anything so it was hard not to know where someone was. I thought Riker might know.

"Hey Riker, have you seen Ross or Emily?" I asked him from the living room. He was in the kitchen so I spoke up a bit more.

"No, I haven't. Ross is probably being pretty protective of her since I told him about the incident with that guy at the beach." He said, making what looked like toast for himself.

"Yeah, I can imagine him being that way. Constantly hovering over her, never leaving her side, always-" I was interrupted by Ross and Emily coming into the room.

"Hey guys." Ross said, holding Emily's hand. Figures.

"Hey Ross. Where were you guys?" I asked him.

"Just hanging out in the guest room." He said, as if it was no big deal. Except, I knew it was a big deal to Ross. Maybe they've finally talked and gotten to know each other a little bit better. I mean, they had that one night at the park but still, it couldn't have been enough.

"Oh, is that all?" Riker winked at him and Ross looked down, slightly blushing.

"So, what are you guys doing?" Emily asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"I don't know, just hanging out. Ry and Soph are in Ry's room and Rocky and Kaitlyn are in Rocky's room. So Riker and I are just chilling here." I made myself sprawled out on the couch as if I was really comfortable and we both laughed. "Soph and I are going to the mall in a few hours though so that will give us something to do." I smiled at them.

"That's cool." Emily smiled back.

"I think we're going to just go for a walk." Ross smiled and lead Emily outside.

"Looks like its just you and me again Riker." I said to Riker.

"I guess so." He said. "Or just you." He smirked at me and went up to his room.

"That's cool Riker!" I yelled to him and I heard him laugh.

Ross's POV

I could practically feel the awkward in the air when I came downstairs with Emily so after Rydel and Em were done talking, I decided to come up with the idea for a walk. Its not that I really needed the fresh air but I wanted some alone time with Emily.

We could hear everything going on in the house from my room so the outdoors was the perfect place to go for some quiet.

Emily and I were walking along the sidewalk, hand in hand, and pretty much talking about anything that came to mind.