Chapter 28

Rydel's POV

That night, none of us fell asleep in random places but where we actually were supposed to sleep. The only exception was Ross and Emily took the couch. We tried to convince Ross that Emily was going to be ok overnight but he insisted on sleeping next to her so we just let it go.

The next day we all had the day off so we decided to do something spontaneous since it would be the last day we had to do this with everyone here.

"What should we do?" I asked everyone and we all started thinking.

"How about this." Riker said. Apparently, he already had an entire plan in mind. "First, we go to the pool and hang out. Its like, what, eleven right now? We can swim for however long we want and then have lunch. Then, we can either go back to the pool or head to the bowling alley." He said, anxious to hear what we thought.

"I like it." Rocky smiled.

"Let's do it!" Ryland exclaimed.

"I will if Emily will." Ross said, looking at Emily.

"Sounds fun." She smiled and Ross squeezed her hand.

"Alright, let's do this." I said and we all started to get ready for our day ahead.

When we got to the pool, it  wasn't too crowded and no one seemed to recognize us, which was good since we wanted this day to ourselves.

The boys just jumped right in while Sophie, Emily,  Kaitlyn, and I all had to get ready to go in.

We all just had plain colored bikinis, Emily's being pink with yellow outlining, Kaitlyn's being light brown, Sophie's being white with pink outlining, and mine being straight up yellow.

"Don't you girls look snappin!" Ratliff said, acting like a girl when we made our way to the pool.

"Snappin?" I laughed.

"You know it." He said and we all laughed.

Ross went behind Emily and wrapped his arms tightly against her waist while Rocky pushed Kaitlyn in the water and dove after her, both of the laughing.

We were all in the pool, having a great time when we heard a song on the radio.

"Is that.." Rocky started to say and he didn't even have to finish. We all knew what it was.

"Oh my gosh we're on the radio!" Ross exclaimed.

"How.." Ratliff said, looking shocked but absolutely amazed.

Sure enough, Say You'll Stay was playing on the radio and no one could believe it.

Some people looked at us and I think they put it together that it was us because they first looked confused and then like they knew what was going on.

"This is incredible!" Rocky said. He then hugged Kaitlyn and lifted her in the air. She was hugging his neck and his arms were around her waist. Then, out of the blue, the Rocklyn kiss finally happened.

Kaitlyn's POV

I can't believe Say You'll Stay in on the radio!

"This is incredible!" Rocky said and then hugged me tightly. My arms were around his neck and his arms were around my waist and he lifted me into the air.

We were both so happy. Then, we both looked deep into each other's eyes. It was almost as if we were communicating with our thoughts and no one else knew what we were saying. I looked at his lips, which were just inches from mine, and he leaned forward slightly and kissed me softly. He kissed me! It was nothing like I'd ever expected. It was soft and smooth and full of wonders.