Chapter 11

Ross's POV

Just as I'm starting to get close with Emily, we're going to California! That's really far away from Chicago! This was absolutely terrible. Of course I was worried about not seeing her for a long time but my main problem was, how was I going to tell her?

"How did I not know about this?!" I questioned Riker. I always know where we're going.

"There was a slight change up with the schedule. Mom told Rydel and I last night and decided not to tell you or Rocky because we knew it would be hard on you guys. I'm sorry, we should've told you earlier." Riker apologized.

"I'll say!" Rocky exclaimed with a frantic look on his face. "Just as things we were actually getting close too. What if I never see her again?"

"I'm sorry Rocky but you need to make a choice. Either stay here with Kaitlyn or come to California with us." Riker said with a sad expression on his face.

"Well, you already know I can't leave the band. I just don't want to leave Kaitlyn." Rocky looked down at the ground.

"And I don't want to leave Emily. That walk was really special to us. It finally made me realize that there's someone out there I can really open up to." I said.

"Wow Ross, you're moving a bit fast there, aren't you?" Riker looked at me.

"I can't help it Riker. She just makes me feel...complete."

"Aw, Ross." Rydel said and wrapped me in a huge hug.

"Geez Rydel, I get it! Now get off me before you squeeze me to death!" I joked with her.

"Haha, sorry." She said, letting me breath again.

"Just make sure you guys tell them the news by Monday." Riker said.

Monday. Today was Saturday. This. Was. Terrible.

The next day, I woke up with, first, a huge smile on my face because I thought of last night but then frowned because I also thought of the second part of last night.

I decided the best way to tell Emily was to do it at her door and come right out and say it. I didn't want to waste anytime in the beginning explaining how much fun I had last night and how I was so happy that I met her because it would make saying what I had to say even harder.

Just as I got out of bed, I felt Rocky grabbing my arm.

"Ross, come with me. I have an idea." Rocky whispered to me and wouldn't let go until we were in the hallway.

"Ow! Ok, Rocky, what do you want?" I asked him and when he finally let go of my arm, there were red marks from his hand. "Thanks for leaving your mark on my arm." I complained.

"Sorry look," He said, sounding very rushed, "I have a plan. Maybe, we don't need to leave the girls." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Rocky, what are you talking about? Are you still sleeping?" I was very confused. What the heck did he mean?

"Just hear me out. I don't know if this would work because of school and all but maybe, if we beg mom and dad really well, then they can come with us! Their parents would have to agree as well but it could work!" Rocky seemed very excited and proud of this.

"Um, I don't know Rocky. I mean, it would be incredible and everything but, do you think it will actually work?"

"Hopefully. I mean, I'm pretty sure mom and dad would be ok with it as long as we get their parents' permission first." Rocky said.