Chapter 24

Ryland's POV

So, get this. No one has asked me how I felt about Ross and Rocky doing something for Kaitlyn and Emily at the concert yesterday. I mean, it was sweet and all but now I look like the loser. I should've done something for Sophie!

Ooh, or maybe I did the right thing. At the sleepover she did say that I wasn't being myself and was being too lovey dovey and if I did something then, it might've ruined our relationship. I guess I'm just over thinking this whole thing too much.

What Ross and Rocky did was sweet and I should respect that. Ugh, I'm too much sometimes.

Well, now that I think about it, I need to be a better person towards Sophie. We need to have a day when we just act like idiots, just like we used to, and just have fun. Not too lovey dovey but not too much like we aren't even going out. Just, us hanging out as friends. Its not that hard.

Wait, why not just start right now?

"Hey Sophie!" I called to her. She was talking with Rydel but luckily, the conversation wasn't too important.

"Hey Ryland, what's up?" She asked when she jogged over here.

"I bet you can't climb to the top of the tree faster than I can." I dared her. We would climb trees together when we were younger so this was perfect.

"Mmh, I bet you can't." She shot back with a smirk.

"Well, then you're on!" I exclaimed.

"Alright." She said, getting ready.

"On the count of three. One, two.." She was already starting as I said 'two.' "Hey!" I laughed and started to race up after her.

"Ha! You can't beat me!" She teased.

"Well, you did get an unfair head start!" I yelled back.

It took about five minutes for both of us to finally reach the top.

"I was totally first!" She said proudly.

"Um, no, I'm pretty sure I was first. Or at least I would've been if you didn't climb up when I wasn't ready!" I joked.

"Hey now, let's not point fingers." She giggled.

"Let's just call it a tie." I said.

"Ugh, well you're no fun." She looked in the opposite direction, arms crossed, and then laughed.

"Unless you just want to say I won and climb back down." I nudged her.

"Or that I won." She nudged back.

"I definitely did." I challenged.

"No, I did!" She exclaimed.

"Me!" I said.

"Me!" She shot back.

The entire time we couldn't stop laughing because we knew how silly we were being but neither of us cared. This was definitely the right choice to go with.

"Will you two love birds get down here! Its lunch!" Rocky yelled up to us and Sophie blushed a tad.

"I think we should get down." I whispered to her and she laughed.

I let her go down first and then I followed after her. She almost tripped on a loose branch but I caught her arm so she wouldn't fall. She looked up at me and smiled which made me smile like an idiot. Great, now the guys won't leave us alone at lunch, I thought to myself.

When we finally touched ground, we made our way to where everyone else was, hand in hand.

"Well don't you two look cute." Rydel winked at me and I looked down at the ground, trying not to smile.