Chapter 31

Rocky's POV

All night long I was tossing and turning. I just couldn't fall asleep since I was thinking about Kaitlyn the entire time. I can't believe this was the end of our summer romance.

"Wake up everyone!" I heard my mom yell at us. "Time to get up!" She yelled again.

"I'm up!" Riker said, starting to get out of bed.

After him, we all started to follow his lead and started to moan and get out of bed. We all had a long day yesterday so waking up at seven in the morning was never fun.

"Why do we need to get up so early? Kaitlyn and Emily's plane doesn't leave until eleven." Riker said and I cringed at that last part. It just made this trip ending so real.

"Because we have a lot to do. We need to help the girls pack, make sure they have their tickets, actually drive over there and help them get on their planes and who know how long you guys will take to say goodbye. That's why we need to get up earlier. Your father and I were up since six!" My mom told Riker and he just shrugged.

"I guess." He said.

When I walked from my bed to the couch in the next part of the bus, I saw Emily and Kaitlyn already set to go. They had eaten breakfast, brushed their teeth and hair, and were already dressed.

"Jeez, somebody is in a rush to get home." I winked at Kaitlyn.

"No! Definitely not!" She defended herself but I just wrapped her in a hug.

"I know love, I don't want you to go either." I whispered to her, taking a seat right beside her.

"Where's Ross?" Emily asked.

"Oh, he got up when we did. He was having trouble sleeping so he decided to take a walk. Poor guy." My mom frowned.

"Oh ok." Emily said, although I could see in her eyes that she wished he was here right now.

"Don't worry sweetie, he'll be here soon." My mom smiled.

"I'm hungry." Riker stretched as he made his way towards us.

"Help yourself to anything you'd like." Mom said, gesturing to the food.

He reached up and grabbed the Rice Krispies cereal box and a bowl. Surprisingly, he was going to eat his cereal dry.

"Huh, you never do that." I gestured to his bowl of Rice Krispies, my arm around Kaitlyn.

"Yeah, I'm feeling dry today." He gave a playful frown and then laughed.

"Wow Riker." I said, laughing.

Just then, Ross came in the bus.

"Hey guys, is-" He cut himself off when he saw Emily. I'm assuming he was going to ask if Emily was awake yet. "Hey Em." He smiled brightly and went over to sit next to her, giving her a huge hug.

"Hey Ross. Did you have a nice walk?" She asked him.

"Yeah I did. Sorry I didn't come earlier, I was just clearing my mind." He smiled and put his arm around her waist.

"Its ok, as long as you're here." She smiled and he kissed the top of her head.

Now everyone was sitting around the table, eating breakfast. We all had dry cereal since it was just easier. I don't think anyone was in the mood to eat anything huge at the moment.

"I'm glad you guys had fun on our little trip." Rydel smiled at Kaitlyn and Emily.

"Me too. It was a blast." Emily replied.