chapter 22

Fitz was being a terrible romantic.

On the first day, it was flowers. Mainly blue roses, but there were some red, white, black, and pink sprinkled in.

On the second day it was mallowmelt in every flavor, and Sophie had no complaints.

On the third day- well actually, it is the third day.

"Sophie!" Fitz called up the stairs.

"Coming!" she called back, finishing her gold eyeliner that she had found new motivation to wear, and headed downstairs on the rainbow glass waterfall stairs. 

The first couple days at Sapphire Falls were like a dream

The first couple days at Sapphire Falls were like a dream. Fitz was the most amazing husband, and he gave her space when she needed it. And their cognate connection hadn't suffered; it became better.

"Good morning Sophie," Fitz called from the kitchen, and Sophie followed the sound of his voice. Three days in and it was still like the first day.

"Morning, Fitz," Sophie replied once she got to the kitchen, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"So," Fitz grinned, "what do you want to do today?"

"Why don't we find Silveny and Greyfell so we can fly around the Lost Cities?" Sophie suggested, already having thought of the idea and wanting to surprise Fitz.

He grinned and went upstairs to get his shoes and they stepped out of Sapphire Falls to the beautiful morning sunlight.

Silveny! SILVENY!

SOPHIE! FRIEND! HI!

Hi!

FITZ? KEEFE? KEEFE?

Sophie turned to Fitz and laughed, "She's asking for Keefe again."

He laughed and connected to their telepathic conversation.

Silveny?

FITZ! LOVE? SOPHIE?

Sophie turned to Fitz with a surprised look on her face, telling him without words that she didn't tell Silveny, she just knew.

Yes, very much