chapter 8

"Since there are no special abilities," I say, "we need to surround the tree. That way they can't get here."

"Okay," Dex says, going to the other side of the tree's huge trunk.

After awhile, Biana calls, "Got Fitz!"

And Linh, Keefe and Tam come out of the bushes at that moment. Dex and Sophie get Linh and Tam, but Keefe sneaks passed them and got to the base.

"WE WIN!" he yells. "FOSTER'S STREAK IS BROKEN!"

"God job!" comes Fitz's reply as he and Biana enter the clearing.

"Kids! Come back to the house!" they hear Della call.

They all look at each other and Sophie's thoughts were racing. Who or what could be so important that Della would call them back.

The friends get to the door, and when they walk in, there is a beautiful girl with navy blue eyes, honey blond hair, and carmel skin. Next to her was a boy with dark hair, blue bordering on grey eyes and light skin.

Needless to say, the group's jaws dropped.

"Hello," said the girl, her voice smooth, "I am Alyies, and this is my match, Carlyle."

"Hello," Carlyle adds, "we are here to take you to the matchmaker's office. Our boss, Vernice needs to talk to you seven in her office."

"Then we should go change!" Biana saw Sophie's face. "Relax I do have some understated dresses."

"Fine," Sophie grumbled, following Biana and Linh up the stairs.

After almost half-an-hour or primping, Biana announced that Sophie was done, and what she saw in the mirror blew her away.

Her shoes were gold and sparkly with tons of straps. (NONE of the shoes I found matched my vision ;))

"Thank you," Sophie turned to Biana and Linh and started on picking their dresses. They ended up with:

Biana:

Linh:

They walked down the stairs to see all the boys is nice pants and jerkins

"Let's go now that the slow pokes are dressed," Dex joked, making a face.

"Goodbye, and make sure they answer your questions!" Della reminded them, hugging all of them, and Keefe seemed to melt into her embrace.

That's right. His mom is still on the loose.

They walked to the Leapmaster and leaped to Atlantis.

They went through the whirlpool and walked through the bustling streets to the matchmakers office.

"Welcome, do you have an appointment?" asked a lady at the receptionist's desk, not looking up.

"We're here at Vernice's request," at Vernice's name, the receptionist looked up and hurried them into a crystal elevator.

"Choose the 189th floor and Vernice should be waiting for you," she said, "good luck."

With those happy words, they went into the crystal elevator and started up to the 189th floor.