chapter 23

Sophie looked over at Fitz, smiling wider than she ever thought she had before. The muscles in her face would have to eventually cramp. No way she was allowed to be this happy this often. 

It was too much. Life was too perfect.

Fitz was looking at her with his bright teal eyes, the color even more gorgeous in the sunlight.

Sophie would get to spend the rest of her life with him.

"Ready?" Sophie asked, thrilled Silveny and Greyfell had agreed to come. At her transmission, Silveny had happily agreed to let Sophie and Fitz properly ride into the sunset on alicorns.

"Always," Fitz responded, climbing onto Greyfell's back.

Sophie smiled again.

Okay. Let's go.

Silveny neighed and took off, Greyfell close behind her. Sophie loved the feeling of the breeze on her face; loved how close they were to the stars.

In that moment, everything was perfect. She was perfect.

Sophie knew, for the first time in a long time, that everything would turn out fine.

She had finally found her happily ever after. No way she would let anyone take that away from her.

The two alicorns flew side by side into the sunset, just close enough to allow Sophie and Fitz to hold hands in between them.