chapter 13

~~~Sophie's POV

Sophie was the happiest she'd ever been since Edaline and Grady had let her call them mom and dad.

The Neverseen were leaving them alone, and Fitz was being the most amazing match ever.

"So, where are we going today?" Sophie asked Fitz when he glittered into the Havenfield pastures.

"We are going to Stonefield Beach," Fitz announced dramatically.

"Okay," Sophie didn't know what that was, but Fitz looked really excited.

They leaped into a field of different shaped huge rocks.

"Took you long enough," said a voice behind them, shoving a burlap sack over Sophie's head.

"Sophie!?" Fitz yelled, but his voice broke out, and Sophie couldn't tell where he was. She couldn't tell where she was.

The burlap sack was reeking of an all too familiar stench of sedatives.

 ~About three hours later~

Sophie stirred and realized it had happened again. Because Fitz was with her, he got captured, too.

"-can't believe he got away."

"I can't believe he didn't take her with him."

"Just looking out for himself."

"No kidding," she heard footsteps going away.

Sophie lifted her blindfold, with throbbing hands, and saw that they were using a human tape player, and the conversation was pre-recorded.

She moved her stiff neck, feeling like her head was full of lead. She had to get out of there, and fast. But she did have to make sure Fitz actually got out.

All she had to do was play the long game and work towards getting herself, and maybe Fitz, out of there.

For the rest of the hour, nobody came in or went out of her cell. She was isolated and alone, but that's for the better when you're planning a prison break from a kidnapper.

She had it down to the basics:

1. break out of the bonds that were tieing her hands, feet, and torso down to the table, and obviously she needed to break the hand bonds first.

2. creep out of the cell, and attack anybody with her inflecting.

3. make sure that you store your energy BEFORE breaking out of the prison.

4. find Fitz, wherever he is, and help rescue him. If you can't find him, contact black swan.

5. GET THE HECK OUT OF THE HIDEOUT

6. Go home and snuggle with Iggy

She added the last part because she really wanted to hear his familiar chainsaw purr filling the room. Though, it was a good thing that he wasn't there, because that would mean he would be being held by the Neverseen. 

Sophie began to imagine the little energy she still had after the sedative, and started putting it in mental storage boxes. Everytime she would get another pinprick of energy, she would store it. Inflicting takes a lot of energy, and Sophie also needed to get Fitz out of there if she found him.

All Sophie knew for sure as she was biding her time and hoping that everything would happen according to plan.