chapter 15

Eventually, Sophie knew it was time to escape.

She assumed it was the middle of the night, because she had been listening to her guards change, and this was it.

She assumed Fitz wasn't in the building, because she had used half of her mental energy to check.

Here it goes.

Sophie took off her blindfold and used a little energy to loosen the rope around her elbows. After her arms were free, she untied the ropes around her feet, she stumbled onto the ground. She was normally clumsy, but after who knows how long on that table, it was even more difficult.

After she was completely secure, or as secure as she wanted to be, she went to the door and pushed it open. For a rebellion, they sure didn't secure their prisoners very well.

Sophie ran down the hallway, looking into the one-sided glass at every room. She didn't spot Fitz, so she stopped and pushed her inflicting to every corner of the building. It was taxing, but she made it through it.

After stumbling through several hallways, she found a collapsed guard. She winced and kept running, not wanting to be caught.

After taking three rights, she finally found an exit. After she pushed open the door and stumbled right off a cliff.

Falling

                  Falling

                                Falling

Sophie had enough sense to know that she had to get into the void fast if she was going to survive.

The only problem was that she had used most of her energy on inflicting.