chapter 14

chapter 14
dez point of view

"why are you staring me?" i ask austin in fear

"your just cute" he says and skates up to me.

"s-stop!" i stutter. damn it! hes getting me flustered! my face is probably red as a tomato.

"aw, your blushing, thats cute" he puts his hand on my ass and i push him away.

"stop. rape!" i scream trying to skate away from him.

austin chuckles and puts on his serious face.

"fine then, lets be all focused on our lesson. and sorry for not even raping you"

"austin" i whine

"dez" he mocks me and i chuckle at his playfulness.

he shoots me a goofy grin and his alarm goes off, signaling the lesson is over.

austin sighs, "come on, the lessons over. get off the rink"

i skate off and sit on the furry table thing and take off my skates putting them in my locker.

i look at austin, he seems so tired and he still has to work cleaning the rink.

"bye austin" two guys say as they walk out. they work here, i think. i have been hanging around here a lot and i have met a lot of people.

"bye" he says, then he looks at me, "you can go. ill call you tomorrow"

"okay" i whisper and leave.

i walk outside and i am suddenly held up against a wall.
i notice that its the two guys from before i forgot their names.

"what are you getting at?" one of them says

"what?" i stutter

"why are you using austin?"

"im not using austin!" i shout a bit

"lower your voice. we dont know what you want with him but you should fuck off"

"you dont seem ... that bad. but just stay away" the other one says and they both walk off, leaving me there in shock.
i feel a tear run down my face and its soon replaced by millions of them.

i wrap my hands around my body in an attempt to be small.
why does this always happen?
why, everywhere i go, do people think i am bad?
why....

does austin think im no good?

if he does.... why did he ask me out?

and if he doesnt.... why isnt he here with me?

the last thing i see before i am picked up, is austin's face.

and the last thing i remember doing before i fall asleep is hugging austin as if life depended on it.