chapter 8

chapter 8
Dez point of view

I lay awake in bed, thinking about the events that had just occurred.
Austin and I kissed. Kissed. And I kissed him back.
I screech in embarrassment and roll around on my bed.
How could I do that?
We barley know each other!
How embarrassing!

Clara must've heard me and she came rushing in my room.

"Dez. Are you okay?" She asks frantically.

"Y-yeah"

"You sure?"

"Mhmm" I nod, still lying cause I am not okay.

"Tomorrow is still break week at the skate. Do you want to come do free skating with me?" She asks and I strangle her in my head.
I CANT POSSIBLY FACE AUSTIN AFTER WHAT HAPPENED!
"STOP BEING A PUSSY DEZ!" My sub conscious screams at me.

"Dez?" Clara asks

"Uh, yeah sure I'll come" I say without thinking. Jesus what is wrong with me.

"Yay! Well, goodnight then!" She says, kisses me on the cheek, and goes back to her room.

Oh god, please, make tomorrow come slowly.

////////

The next day, around 7:00 pm, I walk into the skate with Clara. And wow, it sure is crowded.

"People sure do like these things.." I mumble to myself not used to it.
In New York City, there weren't any roller rinks and it was never this hot.

Clara answers, "yep! It's really popular in Florida!"

We pay and go to one of the furry table seat things to put our coats on.
I still can't believe I'm here. How can I face Austin after the kiss? I acted like a complete jerk, I just ran out and didn't say goodbye. Austin texted me that night a bunch of times and I didn't even answer.
I feel the heat rising up my neck. God how am I that stupid? I must've hurt his feelings.

"I'm going on!" Clara shoots to me and I nod saying, "don't get lost" cause then it will be all my fault. Screwing up won't be the best thing to do at this time. But why would It even matter? I screwed up already.

I sigh, sitting down and pulling my skates on.

"Hey red, nice skates"

I turn around and see Austin standing next to me.

"Oh. Um..hi" I whisper, he sits next to me.

"About last night... I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. I know it was wrong and that we weren't even that good friends yet. So, sorry for fucking up" Austin says quickly and skates back onto the rink.

Damn him! He didn't even give me time to reply!
Honestly? I liked this kiss a lot. Even though we weren't even boyfriends, hell we weren't even that close of friends! But I still couldn't help but being attracted to him. I felt as if there was an invisible force pulling us together.

I get up, skating slowly to the rink since I still don't know how to skate well.
I skate around to the middle and grab Austin's hand, pulling him with me to the bathroom.
Once we are there he questions, "Dez what are you-" I cut him off my pressing my lips to his quickly. I then pull away.

"Look austin, I'm not mad about last night. You didn't fuck up at all. If anything, I was the one who fucked up. I acted like a brat and ran off. In short, I liked the kiss" I say breathlessly and Austin stares at me in awe, his eyes showing fondness.

"But we aren't even.. Dating" Austin says,"and I don't really date"

With Austin saying that I suddenly get really upset. Then... Why would he kiss me?

"But I can make an exception for you" he says, smirking at me and kisses me again.

"So, what are we then?" I ask

"You'll have to wait, I'd like to ask again properly. And, I have to get back to work. See you later red" he winks and leaves the bathroom.

I am left there in shock and embarrassment.

Maybe coming to the skate tonight was a good idea.