chapter 12

chapter 12
austin point of view

"hey, whats up?" i answer my phone.

"nothing much really. do you want to hang out?" the familar voice of dez asks on the other line.

"yeah sure. what do you wanna do?"

"not sure, but we will figure it out. ill meet you outside of your apartment" dez says and hangs up.

yay i am like dying. i cant believe i am actually going to hang out with dez! i mean i have before but this just seems important because i am going to ask him to be my boyfriend. i really like dez. love him even. i know i said i wouldnt give my love to anyone ever again after my ex-boyfriend but, i am moving on. i have to because its not worth it.

i go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and go downstairs to wait for dez. my heart is pounding like mad. when was the last time i got so nervous?

"hey! austin!" dez says happily and walks up to me.

"hey red, hows it going?" i ask while we begin to walk down the sidewalk.

"alright i guess. my old friend james called me. he was saying some stuff. something about him makes me suspicious but its not worth worrying about right?"

"well, you have to act on what happened. like... if its something serious or something you really care about then it is worth thinking about"

dez just shrugs and we walk in an awkward silence.

"how about we go to the beach" i suggest and dez nods.
i find it the perfect place to ask.

we get there and go down by the water where there isnt a lot of people at the moment.

"dez, i have been thinking about it for a while now and ... i really like you. its not just your looks. its basically your whole entire self. i love it and sometimes it turns me on but.. what i am trying to say is... w-will you be my boyfriend?"

dez's mouth is gaping at me. he then pulls me closer to him and engulfs me in a hug. i hug him back.

"yes" he mumbles in my shirt.

"yes what?"

"yes, i will be your boyfriend" he says and i can picture the blush on his cheeks while saying this.

that perfect blush.