chapter 23

chapter 23
dez point of view

"what are we doing here?" i ask austin as we step out onto the rink.

"i just thought that we needed some fun time before making serious decisions.." austin says and i reluctantly nodded, unsure.

"why are you being unsure? have fun with him!" my sub-concious screams at me.

i guess i should listen to it because i want to have fun with him, too.

"okay" i grin shyly at austin and he smiles.

taking my hand, we go to the middle of the rink.

"cant you get in trouble when you always ask to rent out the rink?" i ask

"well, it takes money out of my paycheck but i don't care because i love you and i would do anything for you" he says and puts on some music.

"to the left.." the music calls out and austin moves to the left with me.

"why are we doing this silly dance?"

"because its fun"

austin smiles cheekily and i want to slap it off his face. why does he make everything into a joke?

"why are you stressing about derek and ethan?" austin breathes against my neck. i shiver slightly.

"i don't know, i'm just nervous i guess" i mumble

"don't be, because it isn't the end of the world. sure, it will make things a hell of a lot harder, but we are together and thats all that matters"

the song then changes into the cotton-eye joe and austin smirks at me.

my eyes widen, "how can you dance on skates?"

"ill show you"

austin then teaches me and i basically blush through the whole thing.

at the end of our date, as austin pulls up at my house, he kisses me and i kiss back willingly.

"remember, don't worry because when we are together, we can conquer anything"

and i believed his words