chapter 5

chapter 5
dez point of view

after my skating lesson was over, I felt so weak in the knees. i felt so flustered and even drunk and I didn't even drink. how is that even possible?
I take my skates off slowly, I was the last person to have a lesson and the rink was closing.
I put my skates in the locker and gather my things, walking slowly to the exit.
I then hear someone call my name.

"Hey Dez! Wait up!"
I look behind me and see Austin running up to me. First time I've seen him without his skating clothes. I blush.

"H-hi"

"Why're you blushing? I didn't even do anything" Austin smirks at me.

"U-um" I stutter and Austin just smiles at me.

"Come on, put your number in" he hands his phone out to me. I type my number in quickly, and there's that feeling again, week in the knees. Ugh what's going on? I almost fall over and Austin quickly catches me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I-I'll be fine" I say and begin to walk to my car but I then fall to the ground. Austin must've followed me and he helps me up, again. Dammit. I hate making people feel the need to worry about me.

"I'm taking you to my apartment alright?" Austin says and puts me in his car.

I don't even have time to think, I then black out.

/////

A few hours later I wake up on a soft comfy bed. Where am I? I look around the room and see pictures of a blond headed boy.. and a few instruments around. is this Austin's room?
I giggle a bit. Wait. Why the fuck am I in his room?

I get up and walk out of the room and walk into a cozy living room that smells like coffee. I see Austin sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap typing furiously. I clear my throat and Austin jumps up startled. oh my god, he is wearing glasses. internally squealing.

"O-oh your awake. I made pasta. Let's eat" he says and I actually don't think about throwing it up and I am really hungry.

I sit at the table with him. Awkward..

"Thanks.." I say and glance at him with a shy smile

"No problem" he says grinning,"we should totally get to know each other though since... you have nice skates red"

"There's not much to know about me.."

"There's not much to know about me either but I really want to know you"

"What's your favorite colour?" I ask

"Blue, you?"

"Orange"

"Favourite film?" He asks

"The breakfast club, you?"

"Fight club"

After many more silly questions we get to the more serious ones.

"So.. Where are your parents?" He asks me

"In New York. Dad is probably in jail and mom probably drunk off her ass. Yours?" I say coldly, he sighs a little then decides to say.

"Somewhere in Europe, they go everywhere for their job. They haven't called me in months but it's fine. I have my job, school, my friend ally, and you" he says smiling when he says me.

"Where do you go to school?" I ask

"Miami university" he says

"Oh. When are you free?" I ask

Austin wiggles his eyebrows," eager I see. I'm off Sundays and Wednesdays. "

"A-are you g-gay?" I stutter with my question

"Yes. And proud. I don't give a fuck about with anyone else thinks. You?"

"Yes" I answer.
I have always found men attractive.

"Don't worry red, it won't change our relationship as friends" he says smiling

Little did I know, our relationship would change our lives. For better or for worse.
I did think it would be for the better.