chapter 7

chapter 7
Austin point of view

the next week, Mitch decides to have a break week. Like the whole entire week is free skating. Why? I really don't know. But it means I have to work more hours, and i also have to go to school. I really hope I can get through this week.

Later during the day, I'm more stressed then ever. I'm typing an English essay at the last minute and I have to study for a biology test.
You may say, why don't I just quit working at the skate? Or why don't I just drop out of college?
The thing is, I can't. I work at the skate to make money. I don't want to depend on ally if I fail or screw up. I can't drop out of college because maybe if I do something good with my eduction, my parents may notice me again.
My parents are always out and they never care about me. They don't even call. They were never there for me. They were never there when I had my darkest moments, but I did overcome them. I don't want to go back to that darkness again. I just really hope they call soon.

I finally finish my essay and sigh with relief. Thank god that's done. I then turn around and rummage through my bag for my biology book, then my phone rings. I grab it and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask

"H-hi Austin. It's Dez." Dez says, his voice sounding very hoarse.

"Hey red, wait. Have you been crying?" I ask and Dez goes through a whole new round of tears.

"I-i-I'm sorry" he whispers into the phone

"Dez! Come over to my place? You remember where it is right?"

"Y-yeah" he says and hangs up.

Why would Dez be crying? I hope he's okay. I can't help but feel so sad for the poor boy. I want to be there to always comfort him. Always.

Because that's what friends do right?

The doorbell rings and I hurry to answer it. When I see Dez, just standing there looking so broken, I pull him in the apartment, shut the door with my foot, and hug him. He starts to cry in my shoulder. I rub my hand through his hair, trying to calm him. His hair is so soft.

"I'm sorry" Dez whispers

"Don't be. It's fine, sit. Tell me what's wrong" I say pulling him down on the couch with me so we are a bit cuddled up.
Instead of telling me, he shows me his phone and I see a bunch of texts from a guy named "Juan"

"Who is this guy?" I ask him, getting furious with the texts I am reading.
They are all negative things about Dez and saying he should kill himself because he is a faggot.

"An old bully at my school" Dez says while shrugging. I hug him again.

"Don't listen to them Dez, your perfect"

"I'm not" he whispers

"You are to me"

With that, our lips touch.

A/N- heyy Guys! How's this story so far? I hope it's good. Was the kiss to soon? I hope not. I'm planning to add some drama :D I love you guys for reading and enjoy. I'll update tomorrow xx