chapter 22

chapter 22
austin point of view

today is dez's lesson and when he walks in i don't acknowledge him with, "hey red, nice skates" i simply just say "hey" and we begin to skate.

its strange really because it seems that he is avoiding me as well.
should i just come out and spill everything that has happened? or would it make it worse?

why does it seem that my life has turned into some soap opera?

oh thats right, because it has.

when our lesson is over dez looks at me and says,

"i need to talk to you"

i ask mitch for a 10 minute break and we sit at a table.

"whats up?" i ask

"so back in my old school there was this guy named derek and he and his friends used to taunt me constantly and it was just horrifying. one of the reasons why i came down here to florida. anyway, i finally realized that, that was the guy who you were giving a lesson to. he has a friend named ethan, and i predicted that it was your ex-boyfriend because he mentioned your name. he said that i should break up with you because he wanted to have his way with you and now since he is friends with derek.. i am really scared austin. i know what he is capable of and i dont want you getting hurt" dez admits and i feel my eyes tear up.

"dez. after i taught derek that day... he kissed me on the lips and i pushed him away and said that i have a boyfriend. he then left, his eyes were filled with rage and this is just all my fault. he became friends with ethan and now he wants to hurt you and i know what he is capable of too. before he became all sadistic, i really loved him. i really did. and i-" i cut myself off and look up at dez.

he is staring the other direction with a blank face.

"dez.." i mumble

"what should we do?" he says in a monotone voice.

"i dont know.. should we?"

"break up?" he finishes off for me.

i dont want to break up with him..

"i dont wanna.." i say

"we are going to have to because if not we will both get hurt by this" dez says, finally looking at me in the eyes.

"well i dont think we should despite the consequences because i believe what we have is very strong and i depend on it" i say

dez just stares at me and i am not sure what to do. i feel self conscious so i wrap my arms around myself.

dez continues to stare and then sighs, "i dont want to break up either. you were something good that happened to me and i dont want to loose you"

"then its settled"

with that, we kiss, not caring who sees us.