chapter 9

chapter 9
Austin point of view

"So, did you and Dez get along on free night?" Clara asks me as we are doing our lessons. I chuckle a bit cause yeah, we did get along.

"Yeah, it was fun"

"Do you like him?" She asks innocently and I almost fall over.

"What?"

"Do you like, like him as a boyfriend? Cause if you do, I totally don't mind! It's cute!" She screeches.

I chuckle. I really do want to call Dez mine but I just don't want to screw up like I did with my last boyfriend...
I always had to watch what I said and do what he wanted when he stated I should do it . If I didn't, I would get a punishment. It was pretty abusive. But it's over now. I shouldn't think about though, it's not worth it.

When Clara and I's lesson was over, I was disappointed not seeing Dez. Why isn't he here? I decide to call him.

"Hello?" I hear his voice say

"Hey Dez. It's Austin. Why didn't you pick up Clara tonight?"

"I'll be honest, I wasn't feeling the best today" he says

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Noting" he says and I don't believe him. I've Said that too many times and usually things don't turn out well because of it.

"I'm coming over. Can I come over?" I ask him.

"I guess, but-"

"I'm coming over" I say sternly and hang up.

Whatever is bothering Dez, I'll help him. He can trust me.

/////

I arrive at Dez's house and he answers the door and we go up to his room.

"So what's wrong? And don't say nothing because I know your lying because I use the same lie"

Dez sighs and shows me his phone. I see a bunch of texts that are negative. I guess these really get him down. I go to settings and block all these numbers.

"I blocked the numbers" I say and he smiles and hugs me. I don't realize why he couldn't do it himself though.

"Thanks" he whispers into my chest and I run my hand trough his hair. He then mumbles, "so what are we?"

"I thought I told you that I wanted to wait and ask properly" I say

"It's just .. I've been used before and i don't want to go through it again"

"Same with me"

It seems we have gone through some of the same things ... And hopefully we can overcome them together.