Chapter XLVIII

1472

1472

Charlotte chuckled at Edward's bemused expression when he entered his rooms and found her sitting on his bed in only her shift. She smiled and stood up, beckoning him closer and leaning into his chest, nuzzling her head into his skin as his fingers sank down into his hair, curling her dark strands around his fingers.

"Are you sure?" Edward breathed hotly against her hair, but she heard him low and clear.

She separated her head from his clothed chest and nodded, cupping his face before bringing him down so she could kiss him. Edward moved his hand to remove his own shirt before caressing her neck, making her shiver.

"You are nervous," he said softly and she nodded shyly, even as she brought her hands to her shoulder so she could untie the knots that held her shift up.

He kissed her forehead. "I will never hurt you. Nothing will ever happen between us that you do not want."

Charlotte took a deep breath, stepping back from his arms and turning around to walk towards the bed, shooting him a seductive look over her shoulder.

Edward untied his breeches and kicked them away, before he started to walk towards Charlotte, his eyes raking over her body. He could not help but think how beautiful she was and she was his, totally and completely his.

She was trusting him again, even after how much he had failed her, after all of his mistakes and betrayals.

When they were close, Charlotte wrapped her arms around his neck, tangling her hands in his hair as they kissed. Edward pulled her close, groaning softly as he felt her body against his. She was soft, just as he remembered she would be and the curves of her body fit so well against the hard planes of his.

She moaned as Edward deepened the kiss, his tongue slipping into her mouth. She could feel his arousal against her stomach. He seemed to be in no hurry to gain his satisfaction, and Charlotte was thankful for that. She needed tonight to be slow, to be gentle. Despite the fact that she had gone into his rooms, she knew that Edouard was still present in their lives, driving a gap between them due to what he had done to her. She wanted to reclaim her body, but she had still not healed enough or them to go back to how they had been before.

They kissed until they both were breathless, and then walked backwards towards the bed.

Charlotte's breath caught as his hand cupped her breast, and he started to rub her already hardened nipple with the pad of his thumb. Turning onto his side, Edward propped himself up on an elbow as his hand moved down her stomach.

She gasped as his fingers reached their destination, one entering her and making her arch her back as a cry left her lips.

"Trust me," he whispered before placing a kiss on her neck.