When The Time Comes [Crappy]

I look around at my surroundings with my bright violet eyes. I'm in a strange, dark, moody place littered with peculiar sculptures and statues, swirling and changing their shape in any direction they please.

"You know, you didn't have to bring me here. I'm 16. I'm allowed to go anywhere I damn want," I mumble as my brother smiles under his mask.

"Oh, Purp. You don't know how dangerous the real world is yet. You're safer with me."

I groan in annoyance while rotating my head in a circle, wincing when I hear my neck give out a loud pop. My brother puts a protective hand on my shoulder as we stride towards the great hall.

I grin widely as I see my two other friends - Tommy and Tubbo.

"Hey, Purpled!"

I give a wave of my hand and jog towards them as Dream stays behind.

"Are you excited? Cause I know I am! I'm so hyped right now!" Tubbo exclaims.

I avert my attention to the ground. "I'm just hoping that I won't get something that harms people..."

The boys' eyes soften as he places a comforting hand on my back. "You're going to get something awesome! I just know it, Purp!"

"Yeah, man! I'm sure soon you'll be throwing some sort of purple fireballs and wreaking havoc!" Tom says as he imitates someone throwing fireballs towards other random people.

I giggle and see Tubs smiling and shaking his head at Tommy.

_

"Dream, hombre! Over here!" A gruff voice speaks.

I turn my attention towards the man and grin.

"Schlatt! How are you?" I ask as I shake hands with him.

"Good, good! I'm waiting for Phil, wanna grab some grub while we wait?"

I nod my head and we walk over to the cafeteria. I take one step and that's the moment my mind goes blank and I start falling endlessly.

_

I step through the portal, my friends following not too far behind me. The sensation is like nothing I've ever felt before. It's cold as ice and smooth as silk, but it gives me excitement to find out what's at the other end of it.

I finally let out a breath of relief as I step down from the portal. I check to see if my friends are still there and thankfully, they are. During the past years, I've heard rumours that some of the unlucky get distracted by something they see in the portal - their desire. Their want. Something so valuable to them that greed overwhelms them and they are sucked into a different world - sometimes even different universes.

I think that's all bullshit though. Even so, I wouldn't want to find out, would I now?

My gaze lingers too long on the portal until someone taps my shoulder. I whip my head around and let out a breath. It's just Roberto - the zombie piglin who works here to make sure that the procedure goes as usual. I've met and talked to him a few times before and he seems like a chad. Since piglins can't speak though, humans found a way to teach them how to write and type. So now he uses a tablet to express himself.

"Hi, Robby. How's everyone?"

He gives out a snort, quite literally. He lowers his gaze to his tablet and types out his answer, then holding it up again.

These dumb kids are a nuisance. Within 10 minutes, somebody already got a frizzly haircut. Do you guys never learn to not use matches?

I chuckle, "Nope, I guess we never do. Anyway, catch you later!"