Corruption [Angst]

Tubbo followed Tommy down the dark hallways of the spider nest, careful not to lose sight of him. "Are you sure this is the right way?" He asked, suddenly nervous.

Tommy looked back at him and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I'm sure. Now hurry up, you are the one who wanted to see it."

Tubbo quickened his pace as they rounded another corner. Suddenly, Tubbo froze in his tracks. Tommy spun around to look at him, annoyed, "Come on! Let's just get this over with!" He yelled.

Tubbo suddenly wasn't interested in what Tommy had to say. He reached out his hand to the wall, tilting his head and listening. Whispers of words he could almost identify filled his ears, growing louder as he moved further along the wall. 

He closed his eyes, focusing on the whispers. He could almost hear them clear enough to know what they were saying. He had to know what they were saying. It was important. They wanted to talk to him. They wanted to tell him something. Something important, something he needed to know. The voices drew him in, making him feel woozy and light headed.

They were beautiful. He loved the voices. They loved him too. He wanted to-

"TUBBO!!!" The sound of Tommy's voice suddenly rang through Tubbo's ears, and his eyes snapped open.

Tommy stood in front of him, shaking him by his shoulders, and yelling his name. "TUBBO!!"

"I'm here, I'm okay!" Tubbo said, gawking at Tommy. "I'm here, please don't shout!"

Tommy let go of his shoulders and turned away. "Don't do that to me again." He murmured, shaking slightly, "I don't want to lose you."

Tubbo shook his head, trying to clear his head of the voices. "You aren't going to lose me. I'm right here. Just like I've always been."

Tommy turned around to stare at him, his eyes terrified. "But you weren't a minute ago. I don't know where you were, but you weren't with me."

Shame filled Tubbo. What had he done, listening to those voices? He knew this place corrupted people. He knew that it drove them mad. Why would he ever believe they were anything more than sinister?

"We should go back. I never should have brought you here." Tommy said, staring at Tubbo.

"No!" Tubbo yelled, his fingers itching to go further. "I'm fine! It's fine! We have to keep going."

Tommy looked down the tunnel, then at Tubbo, then back at the tunnel. "Are- are you sure?"

Tubbo nodded eagerly. "I'm sure!" He needed to get to it. He needed it. He needed to do anything to get to it. 

"Come on, then." Tommy replied reluctantly, moving further down the tunnel.

Tubbo followed, and to his delight, the whispers grew louder and louder.

He hears us. The other does not, but this one hears us.

Tubbo felt a grin spread across his face, and he thought back to the voice, I can hear you! I can hear you!

The voices grew louder and louder, and a dull heartbeat began in the back of his mind as he almost ran towards the noises.

The whispers called out to him, Come to us! Come to us, become one with us!

I will! I will! I'm coming! Tubbo thought back, his heart filling with excitement.

Suddenly, a sharp ear-splitting screech like noise filled Tubbo's mind, and he let out a cry of pain, falling to the ground. The heartbeat in his ears grew louder, almost overwhelming him.

He pressed his hands over his ears to no avail, the noises not stopping. He let out another yell of pain, squeezing his eyes shut and doing anything he could think of to stop the noise.

He opened his eyes, the buzz and voices drowning out all other sounds. Tommy stood by him, holding his hands, his mouth moving but no sound coming from it.

Come to us! Come to us! We need you! We want you! The voices said, their voices drawing him in. We can help you! We can make this stop! Come to us! Become one with us!

Tears streaming down his face, Tubbo stumbled to his feet, pushing Tommy away from him. He needed to get the egg. The egg could fix this, he knew it could.

He stumbled down the hallway, tilting his head to try and stop the endless screeching and buzzing. The heartbeat filled his head, a heartbeat he knew wasn't his. He rounded the corner, stumbling into a maze of red. Red tinged his vision, and he felt a pulse through the air, pulling him towards the egg.

Tommy reached out and grabbed Tubbo's shoulder, trying to stop him from going any further. Tubbo felt anger bubble up in him, Tommy was trying to stop him! Tommy wanted him to be in pain!

He ripped Tommy's hand off his shoulder, grasping the side of the wall as he tried to get closer to the egg. It was so close, he was almost there!

His mind raced, going so many places. Tommy didn't want him to be in pain- what was he thinking?

He knew the egg was bad, he knew that he shouldn't listen to it. But he knew it would fix him. Why would something bad want to fix him? It didn't make sense.

He knew he couldn't trust it though. He knew he couldn't love the egg. It was hurting the land. What if it got to Snowchester?

No, he couldn't trust the egg. He just needed to use it to get the sounds out of his head.

They filled his head, banging like drums that only he could hear. He stumbled forwards, wondering when his ears weren't bleeding. He could barely focus. He could barely see.

He stumbled forwards towards the egg, getting closer as the sounds grew louder and louder.

It was almost unbearable, he could hardly move. The buzzing filled him, and he let out a cry of pain that he couldn't even hear. The voices, and the buzzing, and the heartbeat, all of it, it sounded like hell.

 He was in hell.

He reached forwards, barely able to move, and placed his hand on the scales of the deep red egg.

and then, 

everything

went

quiet.
_

~Vera