Stand By Me [Angst]

This is the second part to one of my previous chapters, At Peace. Some of you guys wanted to see Tom's reaction so here is what I present to you! I recommend you listen to the song while reading 'cause one, it's a classic--- you don't know this song, I don't know you; Second, you get the feels. :)

-----

It was late evening, the sun had set well below the horizon. The moon cast ghastly shadows upon the Earth, but nothing could deepen the hollow feeling Tommy felt in his heart.

He stood in front of his friend, buried deep, below him. The boy shook from resistance, trying to keep his tears in. He looked at the stone slab with words engraved onto its surface.

----------

𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅

𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐘 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐂. 𝟐𝟑. 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑

𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟕. 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄

----------

Tommy wiped away the stream of tears that had started pouring down his face. He was all alone, he didn't go to his friend's actual funeral, he thought it would be disrespectful, and his parents needed some space after all they'd just been through.

His voice quivered as he spoke.

"When the night has come"

He cracked a watery smile.

"And the land is dark"

He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, the soft rays of moonlight illuminated his pale face.

"And the moon is the only light we'll see"

He sighed and frowned.

"No, I won't be afraid; No, I won't be afraid"

He took a deep breath in, and heaved a long, shaky one out.

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

He grinned and held the bouquet of assorted dandelions close to his chest.

"So darling, darling, stand by me"

He started swaying his body side to side.

"Oh, won't you stand by me"

His movements started to become more spontaneous.

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

The boy's eyelashes slowly fluttered open, revealing the beautiful, royal-blue sky.

"If the sky that we look upon"

His eyes flickered to different parts of the boundless skyline, seeking for the brightest stars in the cloudy, dark void.

"Should tumble and fall"

He locked his sight on one particular ball of light.

"And the mountains should crumble to the sea"

His vision started to blur again.

"I won't cry, I won't cry"

His voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

"No, I won't shed a tear"

A single drop of water leaked from the corner of his eyes.

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

Pitter-patter, little droplets of rain started to fall onto the cold, hard ground.

"So darling, darling, stand by me"

The downpour came, soaking Tommy's whole body, but he couldn't even pay attention to it now.

"Oh, won't you stand by me"

His tears blended in with the water from the sky falling onto his face.

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

He collapsed onto the ground and covered his tear-stained face with his hands, hiccups starting to form in his throat.

"Whenever you're in trouble, won't you stand by me?"

He tore his face away from his dirty palms and yelled into the nothingness.

"Oh, won't you stand by me!?"

He choked, his voice hoarse.

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

His voice was merely above a whisper in the raging winds, as he put the now-drenched flowers onto his friend's grave.

"Oh, darling, just as long as you stand, stand by me."
_

3 March 2021 Update: Mans I changed the song cover cause I think it sounds a lil better but that's just my opn! I suggest u listen to it tho it's great! :0