Bye [Hurt Comfort]

"Bye!" A certain brunette said happily as they hung up after a call of good news.

Today, Tubbo was going to meet up with their friend, he said that he wanted to show them something special.

Tubbo slid their phone into their pocket and went out of the house. It was a breezy day, the sun’s golden rays were cast upon the Earth, making the surroundings seem more cherished than they were before. Tubbo loved the golden hour--- it was the time when people could rest after a long day of work, there was a beautiful scenery to enjoy, it was the most precious moment of the day you could have.

Tubbo was zoned out by their calming thoughts, only returning to reality when they felt the firm grasp of a hand intertwined with their own. They looked up and saw the person they were looking for. Tubbo smiled at their twined hands, swinging them back and forth while walking towards the said destination.

Tubbo knew that Tommy enjoyed this time of the day best too, any sudden noise would break the peaceful silence, so they stayed quiet, enjoying the warmth radiated off the other’s hand, walking to their destination.

The breeze made Tommy’s sunflower-blonde hair sway in rhythm; his steel-blue eyes reflected the tranquil ambience that surrounded them; his cheeks were slightly chubby and dry from the weather, Tubbo spontaneously started to caress it, feeling it’s soft touch envelope around the tip of their fingers. No, Tubbo wasn’t obsessed with their friend or anything, they just paid a lot of attention and observation to him--- he was just so perfect.

their lips slowly curled into a smile, glad that they gained a friend who was an exact opposite of them, yet so flawless. tubbo's eyes gazed back to the sight in front of them, a quiet hum of jovial slipped out of their mouth.

Tommy enjoyed the warmth radiating off his friend’s fingers as they slowly stroked his cheek. He closed his eyes, and leaned his head back, swinging their entwined hands to the tempo of his footsteps, smiling to himself. Tubbo’s pretty, soft porcelain face weaved it’s way into Tommy’s mind.

He could imagine Tubbo’s light, copper-brown hair getting messy in the wind, though so, still very angelic-looking. Tubbo was one of those people who had the most perfect imperfect morning hair, if you know what I mean. His plump cheeks were dusted with pink from the cold outside, his long eyelashes fluttering open and closed as his beautiful carolina-blue pupils contracted, staring at Tommy.

The taller boy lowered his head and let his eyelids ascend as he stared back at the smaller boy. Tubbo’s pupils dilated in embarrassment as he looked away to the ground, which was very interesting to watch in these awkward moments. Tommy giggled at his friend’s adorableness, and squeezed his hand in comfort and reassurance. Tubbo smiled and leaned more to the side of Tommy, tilting his head the same way, as to show some kind of silent affection.

Tubbo hadn’t even watched where they were going until they felt something towering over them.

They had entered an abandoned building with vines and creepers crawling all over the concrete walls and floor. Their surroundings were smudged with shades of black and grey, sort of monochrome-like, the only colour to fill the painting was the dim, golden rays of sunlight. But even then, there was nothing that made the dull, dead scenery pop.

“What are we doing here, Tommy?” Tubbo spoke up or the first time in a few minutes.

“You’ll see.”

Tommy’s smile was soft and comforting, trusting, to say the least, but there was something a bit off, thought Tubbo. It seemed half-hearted, really, but they didn’t pay much mind to it.

They entered an old lift, which looked almost exactly the same as the outside, just that it was slightly cleaner.

“Toms, are you sure this thing can wor-” Tubbo stopped mid-sentence as they jolted up.

They stood in silence as they escalated to the rooftop, their hands still keeping a firm hold of each other.

“Ding!”

The two boys slowly stepped out of the lift, both of reluctance. Tommy drew a deep breath and pulled his friend along towards the rooftop exit.

“Tommy- I- Toms- no wait-” Tubbo was tripping over his words just as well as his feet.

Tommy pushed the doors wide open and what it revealed was the most beautiful spectacle Tubbo had ever seen.

It was the whole city in one, simple sweep of the eye. The river glistened with crystal droplets of water, the sun was warm and gave off a soothing aura with it’s pastel orange light. As always, cars and trucks of all kinds were stuck in a jam stretched for miles,
their horns beeping impatiently, either to get back to their families or rushing for a toilet break. All in all, it was true, pure beauty.

Tommy looked up, his bangs sweeping to the side. “Tubbo, friends never keep secrets from each other, right?”

Tubbo looked back at Tommy with a curious expression. “Mhm, just like you and me!”

Tommy’s left eye twitched with uncertainty and melancholy. “I’m sorry I’ve kept mine from you.”

Tubbo’s eyes widened in surprise and sadness. “W-what?”

Tommy took one step further from Tubbo, towards the edge of the rooftop. “I have anxiety, I feel like you guys don’t need me much, I’m just an annoying child.”

Tubbo’s eyes filled with tears of terror. “No, no, no, Toms, you mean the world to us! We wouldn’t change anything we have now.”

Tommy’s eyes were starting to water too, his whole body was shaking, filling with rage. “Lies! You all are better off without me. You could be more successful, so would Phil, Wil and Techno. I’m just a waste of time and space!”

Tubbo choked in the middle of his sobs. “No, Toms! We need you, I need you!”

Tommy’s heart ached so, so much, he just wanted to end the guilt eating up his body.

“I’m sorry, Tubs.”

Those three words meant so much to the young boy.

Tommy took one last glance at his friend. "Bye."